Adjusting air to fuel ratio

Huaraches

Sup guys i have my tvis deleted on my 2nd gen 3sgte swap on my 184. How should i adjust my air to fuel ratio to compensate for that extra air coming in from the intake.

___Scott___

Your ECU uses info from your AFM and O2 sensor to calculate the amount of fuel to inject. So, no adjustment is necessary.

88gt4DE

Let me tell you about why to delete it ... I will never run that bullshit again after one of the little screws came off a butterfly and destroyed my perfectly rebuilt motor ... :x

underscore

Sorry, but isn't that more your fault for not reinstalling the screws correctly? People have collectively done an insane number of miles with that system without a problem.

88gt4DE

underscore":3cjah85y said:
Sorry, but isn't that more your fault for not reinstalling the screws correctly? People have collectively done an insane number of miles with that system without a problem.

I never touched screws. TVIS plate off and right back on ... They are factory stamped on the end and not suppose to be removed or come out. This was apparently an issue that I was not aware of when I did my build ...

88gt4DE

underscore":uta7xl7x said:
Interesting, in that case I'll get my engine build to tack on a little weld on each one to be safe.

Good idea if you plan to keep running it. You can see in my build thread the issues it caused. Luckily the forged pistons won the war and wedged them in the head ....

MWP

Removing TVIS is a bad idea unless you're in the 400+ whp range.

Good luck welding them... i think you'll find the shaft, plates and screws are all dissimilar metals.
You might be able to braze them. Maybe.

A better idea would be to just give them an extra whack with a punch.

underscore

I was thinking more of just tacking a blob onto the end of the screws from the back side, making it impossible for the screws to wiggle their way out, short of actually breaking.