1gen cam question

MrMcQuacker

Hello guys. So iirc 1gen 3sgte cams can be upgraded with 1gen 3sge cams. 3sgte cams are 240 duration with I think a 7.2 life.
Question is I know a shop that can do regrounds. I was planning on building the 3sge cams with the samw specs as ats. 264 duration 9.2 life. If this works and is posssible. My next question is, can the stock springs handle the upgraded cams? If not what are my options as for upgrade?

Those that might say, Why not just buy ats straight. They are out and possibly no longer making them. I've asked.

___Scott___

I don't know the answer regarding springs, but I'm sure ATS does. It doesn't hurt to ask.

If you don't run into coil-bind issues, the spring rate may limit your max RPM to below what the stock cam allows.

___Scott___

I don't really know since I've never looked into it. I do recall someone posting specs on various cams... once upon a time, long long ago. I even remember there being a discussion about which springs would work, but that was so long ago that it may have been on the Yahoo Group. I seem to recall a detail that an inner spring for a small block Chevy had the right dimensions and are available in just about any spring rate.

Sorry, I know I'm not much help. It seems like info that the guys at ATS should know since they put some effort into making cams for the first gen 3SGTE. I don't know how willing they are to share those details though.