Hello all

themadcheshire

Hello all from Colorado!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Sometime last year started looking for something new to daily drive. I'm a DSMer at heart and doing rallycross for the previous 3 years in a 1g gsx, DSM's were a natural choice. Unfortunately(or perhaps fortunately) prices on these turds have gotten way out of hand.
I started looking for something else and just randomly decided to type "alltrac" in craigslist.
I now own 2 st165's. One white, one red.

The white one I went to Utah to pick up in what the wife has called "Celica Alltrac Rampage". Literally left Friday after work, got back late Saturday night. Long story short, it was in pieces and missing alot. Got it running but the P.O. doesn't understand how registering a car works and has still not gotten me the title. Its' been sitting since. Anyone need a complete st165 with not title?

Enter number 2: I purchased ZeroDrift's red 88" with no motor. Plans were to put a 3rd gen or 4th gen 3s in it, but those all changed. As of last night, I now have a running, moving, st165 with a 1mzfe. I have managed to retain not only the awd, but also the st205 transmission it came with. What a pain. No CEL and so far everything engine related works. Need to rework the cluster a bit, but who cares? It runs!

I look forward to sharing all my progress and picture from the v6 in the project forum. Unfortunately that might have to wait until tomorrow.

Hello all again!
Cheshire

zaluss

Nice! Can't wait for pictures. I'm curious to see what you had to grind off the block to mate the ST205 trans.

___Scott___

I'm very interested in how you routed the exhaust from the back side of the engine. I've looked at that a few times and it looks crazy tight for any V6 w/awd swap.

themadcheshire

Pictures!

When i got her:

Bit of the wiring:

Random assortment of how the block ended prior to transmission fitting:

Note I did have to make a block off plate for the egr cooler. I'm unsure how that'll affect things, but a few tricks should make it work if the ecu has an issue with it. Failing that I'll find a vvt block(oo the pull yard down the street has one!) that lacks the egr and do the grinding all over again.. ugh.

Bit of trans grinding:

Mounted:

The rest of the pictures are on my wife's phone/ipad so I will have to bug her to get me those.
Will make a better build thread once I get some more time, But there she is. She fired last night, ran for a bit, moved out of the garage to the driveway, then back into the garage.
Few odds and ends and she'll make a wonderful daily.

Attachments

• IMG_20150329_142016.jpg
    IMG_20150329_142016.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 604