Need help finding T-belt kit for 1st gen alltrac.

Camshaft1987

Is there any difference in timing belts for all gen. 3sgte. Searching around I'm only finding 2nd and 3rd gen's. Can anyone tell me the major differences in all generation 3sgte's. i know the heads, intercoolers, and fuel systems are not all the same. Anything else important in the block. Any input appreciated.

Corey

On www.gtfours.co.uk , under the section on the cambelt, Kris mentions the following:

What models of GT4 does this guide cover?

This was written for and includes pictures from the 205. Changing the cambelt on the 165 and 185 is a similar procedure. Note that on the 165 the cambelt tensioning assembly is different as this uses a spring assembly to tension the cambelt, both the 185 and 205 use a hydraulic tensioner. Also note that the 205 cambelt is of a different length to both the 165 and 185...

According to www.toyodiy.com the 165 and 185 timing belts have different part numbers, but only by one digit. 13568-88381 vs 13568-88382 so I'm not sure if they are the same or not.

Maybe someone else knows?

yyonline

13568-88381 supersedes to 13568-88382. So the timing belt is interchangeable for gen 1 and 2.

The below applies to Gen 1 3SGTE:

The #1 tensioner pulley is Toyota P/N 13505-74030 or KOYO PU245835RR9DY which is available in the USA through Worldpac, P/N W0133-1626219:
http://www.amazon.com/Koyo-Cooling-Syst ... 001G6NLG2/ <-- This is a Japan-made Koyo bearing, same as the dealer part, just without the Toyota box.

The #2 idler pulley is Toyota P/N 13503-63011 or Koyo PU355816RR9D which is Worldpac P/N W0133-1631471:
http://www.amazon.com/Koyo-Timing-Belt- ... 001G6NED2/

3SGTE water pump is Aisin WPT-056, which is widely available.

Mitsuboshi timing belt is W0133-1630981: http://www.amazon.com/Mitsuboshi-W0133- ... B00449MM5E

I hope this info will help you source some factory-quality parts at cheaper prices than buying through the dealership.

Camshaft1987

LOVE THIS SITE!!! Great info guys, appreciate the help. Popped the top t belt cover off... oh shit theres only half a belt left, I really hope this is not a testament to the rest of the car. Parked for now with the holidays coming up. Might as well do the rest of the maintenance on the front of the engine while its taken apart. Yay more parts sourcing. Doing research on the 165 i see that there is not a lot of support for the 165 or 1st gen 3sgte's. Any particular reason for this.....

A little background on me and the car. I was a mobile diesel tech for a small company for almost five years until the market crashed and fuel prices shot up. Quit and ive been doing a bunch of BS jobs to keep family rolling along. Made a commitment to go back to school to become an aviation maintenance tech.

NOW for the car. Popped on Craigslist here in seattle lookin for a little RWD 4 Bangin beater. Found a celica. Thought they have nice lines last forever. Saw the 165 and went WTF!!!!!! AWD.... TURBO..... Rally car holy shit... Gotta at least look. Went out drove it absolutely fell in love. Ive Driven turbo cars before but nothing that spooled up as quick as this thing. Has hacked wiring gutted interior, but good bones engine strong tranny shifts sounds good. Worked the deal made out alright. On the way home 40 miles away was a pretty crazy. I Have never had a car talk to me like this one did. Amazing Ride. Always wanted a turbo Subaru but after a drive in this thing.. naaahh i can live without..

With the help of all the Alltrac enthusiast on here i really cant wait to get in the nitty gritty with this awesome ride.

Camshaft1987

[attachment=0]Toyota-Celica-GT-Four-ST165_1.jpg[/attachment

There she is]

Attachments

• Toyota-Celica-GT-Four-ST165_1.jpg
    Toyota-Celica-GT-Four-ST165_1.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 3,205

mkernz22

There's not a lot of support for the gen1 3sgte because there were only around 22,000 4th gen Alltrac's made, IIRC.

hoys

The ST165 was the fourth generation body style in the Celica nameplate but the first generation All Trac Celica. Most people will refer to the generation in relation to the name plate. ST185 = Gen five, etc

yyonline

4th gen refers to the model and 1st gen refers to the engine. The 4th generation Celica in all-trac trim came with the 1st generation 3s-gte. The car model was in its 4th generation. The engine was in its 1st generation.

Camshaft1987

Ok, I understand, thanks for clarifying. Is that a total of 22,000 worldwide or US. No wonder I'm havin a hard time trackin parts. So far i found that it is the original engine with a 205 trans, has the stock turbo which i think is a single entry and one loosy goosy rear end with worn out cushions and bushings. Still has good pull........ Does anybody know of a timing belt kit with necessary parts to do a complete swap, would like to avoid the shipping if possible. Thanks for the reply.

yyonline

That's worldwide production numbers. A few hundred per year made it to the US. Nobody makes a good timing belt kit for the cars. I posted links and part numbers several posts back to buy quality parts individually.

underscore

You'll have to source the parts individually, but I believe KO Racing can supply all of them. Worst case if you give them a call they can likely put together a package for you with everything you need.