New member in the PNW

Str888

d83735f2fe7a2b05f3d334776065a92a.jpg
hello group just bought and 88 shell st165 and will be getting started on it fairly soon. does anybody know how many threads of current or completed builds? Also is anybody using a format I'm using Tapatalk and it doesn't seem like this app conveys as much information as the site has. any input is appreciated

zaluss

Str888":1pg7kykg said:
d83735f2fe7a2b05f3d334776065a92a.jpg
hello group just bought and 88 shell st165 and will be getting started on it fairly soon. does anybody know how many threads of current or completed builds? Also is anybody using a format I'm using Tapatalk and it doesn't seem like this app conveys as much information as the site has. any input is appreciated

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure thats the same car based on the picture the more I look at it. Looks close enough.

I had a brief time with that car in which I basically stripped it of what I wanted. You can find some info in my old build thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=48628

I had great plans for that car but I ended up finding a much better example to do my swap with. You can also find that here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50558

There is a brand new steering rack and tie rod ends on that car...that he was supposed to give back to me but I was too lazy to go up there and get them. Oh well. Assuming he didn't butcher his own car, you are going to need to source ST165 crossmembers and shifter cables, both of which are a PITA to find. I also took the shifter assembly, cluster, as well as a few other odds and ends. Good luck though!

Str888

Ahh I see that is a super clean car you ended up with. Unfortunately, i do not have your St165 with new steering rack lol. This one was red at the beginning of its life. So it does have its members and linkages. This one seems complete but i havent put everything in its place and take inventory. But I couldnt pass it up for the price, what would you say if i picked up an all trac roller for $100

GT4times2

Great find!! Can't beat $100. I know I'd pick it up at that price :D . That car needs some body shop love. Does it have any rust? It would be nice to bring it back to its former glory or a nice resto-mod! Best of Luck. I'd love to see the build.

What's the car missing? What are your plans for her? I hope you don't end up giving up and parting it out. I see it happen too many times on this forum.

If I can help, let me know.

Str888

Surprisingly the body isnt that bad when you start looking at it. Its got a nice coat of red in there and no rust found in the chassis. Seems to be all sealed up too. No water inside and most of the body kit is there.. it seems really complete! I was torn between RestoMod and race build, and I think I found a happy medium. I always told myself if I got my hands on an AllTrac, it will be rally spec. It will be entered into amateur rally under in the Modified class as It will receive an st205 motor.( might as well put the newest motor that directly bolts in). It has a welded diff at the moment so streeting it is out till i get an lsd in the back but i intend to get it road legal whether i need to register it in a non deq town or not. I have gone in halves on the car with a friend of mine who is a toyota enthusiast where I have more background in nissans so i'll leave sourcing the correct parts to him and I'll install them, he'll do paint while I do suspension, and we'll tag team the motor so while he is savvy on desirable upgrades I am going to need all the help I can get on interchangability! Lol
Thanks for taking an interest in this! Somewhere in every town theres a guy with Alltrac written in a little black "TO OWN" book, I'm glad i got to check this one off the list

corax

Str888":1qxnu47s said:
I always told myself if I got my hands on an AllTrac, it will be rally spec. It will be entered into amateur rally under in the Modified class

Where are you located?
Sounds like you're talking RallyX. If that's the case, make sure you fab some good skids up front - the Oregon Rally Group uses the English Gravel Pit a fair amount and that place can be rough . . . I've seen stage rally folk show up and say, "nope, too rough"
(though we recently also tested for an event out at Oregon Race Park, which seems like an excellent venue + we also use a good field up in Chehalis at least once a year)

Str888

I am located in Oregon City
Yes RallyX and plates are def part of the build, even after its running no one can say when the build is done so protection is going to be of utmost importance. I can only assume it has been a part of the oregon rally group, or at least it has a sticker from it. Sorry for the late reply been working. Good info cant wait to start spectating... for now