Instuctions on catch can install for ST165

88gt4DE

I think that's what I used to do mine but I'm not convinced its helping ... I think the breather in the valve cover needs to be opened up more or something ...

Killtodie

88gt4DE":3pyxaeee said:
I think that's what I used to do mine but I'm not convinced its helping ... I think the breather in the valve cover needs to be opened up more or something ...

Got more details on that? Mine has been spitting oil like crazy, removed the intake and a bunch of oil spilled out.
I was burning mad oil, thought I had a bad turbo, or rings, but after cleaning out the intake, and IC it went away. Something was causing lots of oil to enter the intake through that hose. These dont even have a check valve. Terrible.

I bought me a cheapo ebay catch can in the meantime.

88gt4DE

Mine does it a little but its not terrible. I think I need to rethink something. Even the baffled catch can doesn't seem to do much. The valve cover thing I've never done. Just heard of others who have. Something about opening that breathe point in top of valve cover more.

Awesome-Trac

Before I installed my catch can I use to get tons of leftover oil in the pipes but now that I have one installed it seems to be doing the job.

Killtodie

My friend is gonna be upgrading his catch cans, and I can get his mishos for cheap. I'll see how these behave.

Otherwise, where can I stick a check valve?

88gt4DE

Killtodie":137qinsj said:
My friend is gonna be upgrading his catch cans, and I can get his mishos for cheap. I'll see how these behave.

Otherwise, where can I stick a check valve?

Good question ... check valve in the engine breather would scare me. Sticks and you know whats next ...