88gt4de Project New Leather seats and more !! 11/12/20

88gt4DE

Pictures as promised 8)

Right rear bushings and Tie Rod

VMS baffled oil catch can ....

I've hated these spacers since the day I put them on .... the one on the right .... Gooodbye !!!!

88gt4DE

Car has been running very well ... I get a little smoke under high boost but I'm not too concerned with that at the moment. I have FINALLY started to fit my larger mid pipe that a got from my brothers 165. He was running a different downpipe (custom) and he had to cut it to fit his car. As I recall it was one of the SSauto midpipes that was advertised to fit but did not. So I chopped it and have been working on getting the front part to clear the oil pan. It ain't pretty but here's the progress ....

Starting point ....

Prior to chopping. My brother had to cut this pipe twice to get it to fit his 165 and he still wasn't happy with it. I'm going to attempt to get it in there with one cut ...

Decided on my chop spot and went to work on clearance.

So after all the messing around I did with it and I'm NOT an exhaust guy by any means .... here's the remaining gap to fill ....

I took the front cut off part to an exhaust shop and had them do a slight bend to the right and down on the end that goes over the cross member. Test fit day #2 in a couple weeks. Gotta make some money. At least now I have my own bay at work and a 2nd to work in most the time so I don't have to beg and plead for space to work on the car anymore ....

88gt4DE

Been awile since I've been on here ... The Trac is offically Garage kept ;) Still have to finish exhaust and Leather seats will soon follow in the new year. I think the turbo is starting to leak. Under high boost I get some smoke , not alot , but enough that I and others notice it ... still runs ok for now :)

88gt4DE

Been a long time once again. New house has really changed the amount of time I have to work on the car. However its still running and I take it on as many long drives as I can. I still have not finished the exhaust. I ended up waiting because I wanted to see how registering the car as an antique would go and that is complete. Apparently this deletes the emissions check in my state so I can do the exhaust and get it to where I'm happy with it and leave it alone. Instead of always having to put the cat back in and then right back out ... sucked ... In 2 years we will see. Leather seats still not done and I now have a set of folding UK mirrors painted and ready to go on. Still looking for that GT-Four emblem for the front of the grill ... Hope everyone is doing well out there ...

88gt4DE

Love driving it but for me weather has to be just right ... No snow, rain and temps above 90 outside forget it ...

Bempa

You are really taking care of your ST165 :) I'm not that god, I'm really looking forward to the snow and driving on ice lakes. But atleast i have the car well protected underneith

88gt4DE

It has previous repair spots on drivers side that have a little rust starting. Trying to keep that to a min before the holy shit overhaul begins in a few years.

88gt4DE

I cant believe it's been almost 5 years since I posted an update. Spent the better part of a month here and there fixing the picture hosting and my thread. What a pain in the ass. The flat rate life took over and between work and the house there wasn't much time for anything else. Then I luckily landed a new job with the railroad and kept my Toyota job and moved that to a part time job. So between all that there was literally NO Alltrac time. I would occasionally drive it to a meet or here or there but not very often. She was still running great all the way up to March of this year when the Covid shit started. I had a little more time due to overtime cuts and started on a few back projects that had been bugging me. First on the list was the fuel gauge that has never worked correctly. Tested all the wiring from the front to the back and pulled sending unit out , cleaned the rust and tested it. All good.

On recommendation from Esracing , pulled the cluster to inspect connections and found damn near every screw in the back of the cluster was loose. Cleaned connections and tightened all the screws for the printed circuit.

After that I now have a working fuel gauge ! Only took 12 years to fix that one :lol:

So I have a list of stuff I'm currently doing. Including FINALLY my leather seats. They are halfway done and rears are re-installed but I'll wait to post pics until I get the fronts back. UK mirrors are painted and ready to install and I'm making a GT-Four logo for the grill. Mostly maintenance work after that. With Bear Mountain not happening this year decided to just take the time to do more stuff. I hope everyone is doing well with their projects and family and I'll update more soon. :smokes:

Chesapeake City 2019

Sitting next to my brothers Supra ...

Bear Mountain 2019

autojumbled

another covid updater! :D
If nothign else, it gave us all time to get back to our projects and progress some stuff.

Nice 165 - I like the relocation of the air filter and battery. Thinking about moving mine to the boot for as much space a possible for FMIC piping etc (when the time comes).

88gt4DE

autojumbled":x6axm17y said:
another covid updater! :D
If nothign else, it gave us all time to get back to our projects and progress some stuff.

Nice 165 - I like the relocation of the air filter and battery. Thinking about moving mine to the boot for as much space a possible for FMIC piping etc (when the time comes).

Its crazy because the wife and I never stopped working , we did lose 2 out of 5 jobs and hers didnt call her to return. They stuck with the downsized workforce. Thanks on the car. Its been up and down with her for years .I have also considered the battery move to the rear. Even have alot of the stuff to do it. Im thinking in the hole where the abs brick is after I delete it someday.

88gt4DE

So finally after 10 long years with this car the seats are done !!!

Before ....

After ... I really wanted something unique so I added the headrest logos

Wifey got to try them out first !

And I have to give credit where it is due. Upholstery shop that did the seats for me ....

Finished my homemade front badge ....

Finally installed my JDM mirrors. I've had these for years painted and ready to install and never got around to installing them. They look great but as you know the passenger side is pretty much useless. I have thought about trying to correct it but i'm sure if i try to disassemble it , it will break.

That's all for now ... more to come in the new year. Budget is BUSTED ! :lol: 8) :smokes:

88gt4DE

GT4times2":3nz3ej20 said:
88gt4DE":3nz3ej20 said:
Rick89GTS":3nz3ej20 said:
Those seats looks magnificent

Thanks ! Had to save up for that hit. :doh:

Say no more. :) Really nice. I like the fact that they redid the back of the seat too. Always a neglected part when getting re-upholstered.

Thanks. The piping was all coming off anyway and I really had no idea what to do with it. The upholstery guy recommended vinyl wrapping the backs and we decided to delete the useless saggy pockets as well.