Electrical gremlins, engine retards when wet

Killtodie

This has been happening most of the time. Whenever I drive over some large puddles (I dont have any undergaurds) my engine starts to retard the timing, and I cant get into boost. This lasts for a bit, and then goes away.

I first started noticing this when I was rinsing off an oil leak around the filter housing so I could trace it better. Everytime I washed the exhaust side of the engine, nor mater how careful I was, immediately after the car would bog down, and run like ass.

My question is, what could possible get wet there for this to happen?
I thought maybe the knock sensor, but its on under the intake side. Its possible that it gets wet from driving under a puddle, but not when I use low pressure water to rinse the exhaust side of the block.

I avoid getting any of the connectors wet, but I do hose off the water neck liberally. Anything there could cause this? I have EGR delete, I still have the BVSV in there, and anything else is just a sensor. Would anything there cause my issue?

Killtodie

88gt4DE":2im99mda said:
Strange ... no CEL when this happens ?

No.

Some of the wiring is old, tape peeled off, connection ends exposed, so I know something is shorting out, just trying to figure out what could cause the engine to retard timing, like its going in limp mode.

O2 sensor? Knock sensor? only two I can think off.