KAAZ Front/Center LSD combo. SERIOUS FEELER!!!

Hopefully the more forums we post in, the more people will popup on the list.

lets just hope everyone on the list is ready to pay up!!

kevzep

eric thompson":3tkby0oq said:
Hopefully the more forums we post in, the more people will popup on the list.

lets just hope everyone on the list is ready to pay up!!

I imagine it will work on a pre-order basis where you'll have to pay up front or maybe a deposit....

I guess we'll see....

From rep at KAAZ

" 1. I have to guestimate on the pricing based on the past special orders we have done. Guessing on
the high side, the front / center combo unit will probably cost about $2500~$3200. Looking at the
schematic I have, the front unit is simple design and the center unit gets all the plates inside like
other Kaaz unit. Kaaz does own the patent to this unique design. I was told by the designer, that
this kit allows the front diff to lock up only when necessary. So the car will be two wheel drive and
when necessary it becomes AWD.
2. HP rating: Can’t guarantee anything but I would say about double the stock HP.
3. Document I have is so light and it is hard to read. Looks like front is 1.5 and center is a 2 way.
We can figure this out if Kaaz gives ok on this project.
4. If Kaaz does produce this kit, service parts will be available for several years. Most internal
components used are identical to other models (clutch plates, cams, pinion gears etc…). The only
thing that will be unique to this kit will be the casing for the front and center. Generally Kaaz do
not supply the casing as parts (only internal pieces are normally offered as parts).
5. Time frame: Normally design from scratch to actual product release will take about 5~6 months.
If they were to reproduce this kit, I am sure they will do some redesigning to make it stronger
than the old design."

athousandleaves

I think I might add myself as an interested buyer, price depending.

To my knowledge the KaaZ unit was originally a 1.5 way front and 1.5 way center.

trdlsdset-BIG.jpg

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/b...e=FI&category=drivetrain&subcat=Differentials

Not so sure I like the idea of 2WD until slip then 4WD but maybe your rep doesn't understand how the diffs act on each other?

more pictures of the old unit (disassembled) here
viewtopic.php?t=45824
Plus the original price back in the 90's-00's was about 370000JPY which is about $3000USD today not accounting for inflation.

kevzep

athousandleaves":1ciattob said:
I think I might add myself as an interested buyer, price depending.

To my knowledge the KaaZ unit was originally a 1.5 way front and 1.5 way center.

trdlsdset-BIG.jpg

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/b...e=FI&category=drivetrain&subcat=Differentials

Not so sure I like the idea of 2WD until slip then 4WD but maybe your rep doesn't understand how the diffs act on each other?

more pictures of the old unit (disassembled) here
viewtopic.php?t=45824
Plus the original price back in the 90's-00's was about 370000JPY which is about $3000USD today not accounting for inflation.

It is 4WD all the time, but it can only ever send 50% of the power to the back, whereas it can send 100% of power to the front....

etantshi

Interested, but I wouldn't have that kind of disposable cash for at least a year. The student life struggle is real.

kevzep

willy":x0iydsh0 said:
I am potentially very interested. that spreadsheet doesnt seem to be working

It is working, I can see you have put your name and location in there.

Pm me your email and I can fill the rest in if you like...

ST_6396

Wow, this would really be amazing. I have first hand experience with upgrading the center diff in a dsm. Taking a corner, even at normal speeds was just a night and day difference. It really made the car feel like torque was being sent to the rear wheels and was easily one of the better modifications I had on the car.

mkernz22

I'd say you might as well because there are at least 25 people already interested. Hopefully we will still get more interest

RedCelicaTRD

I'm currently on vacation and can't access the spreadsheet on my phone. If this stays at the $3,000 estimate given earlier I'm 100% in and can pay at any time. And I'm super happy that most the parts are off the shelf and shared with other models!

TRDTurko

Just added my name to the list. I am surprised Luke has not put his name down. This would be huge for my build, much better than the uprated vicous center. crazy there is that and another front lsd option available now and this combo coming available pretty much all at once all of a sudden when there was nothing for years!