BADNEWS makes 826awhp and still hoping for more!!!!!

BADNEWS

Well I finally hit my 700awhp number I wanted and then some. I crushed it!!! I went to the dyno setup and ready to run 40psi (2.75 bar) or more. I ended making over 700awhp with just 30psi or 2bar!!! But I ran into ignition problems when running 35psi or 2.4 bar. I tried new plugs and gapped them down tighter. At the end I was at .018" or .46mm. But either I have bad wires or a coil started to go. I even tried lowering the boost back down to 23psi or 1.6 bar (gate pressure) at the end and the misfire was still there. So I have decided to go back to Magnecor plug wires and ordered new coils from Electromotive. Hope to return to the dyno in the next couple months. I believe I have a great chance at making 900awhp if I can get a clean 40psi pull done on the dyno!!!!

Here is a video of the dyno session:
https://youtu.be/ALQ0HmTVNko

badnews%20all%203%20dynos_zpsuq6fipro.png

MODS

Engine:
5S stroker (2.2 Liter) CP pistons (9.7:1 compression), Cunningham rods, 5S crank
98+ 5S block Half Filled
Swain Tech Coated Piston, Rods, Crank, Bearings, Combustion Chamber, and Exhaust Ports
ARP main studs
ARP L19 head studs
Hux Racing head stud step washers
ATS 5S .051 Headgasket
shimmed ATS oil pump +4.25mm
ported head (made so exhaust ports flow 20% more than intake ports)
GSC bronze valve guides
GSC Beehive valve springs
GSC Beehive titanium retainers
SuperTech 1mm oversized valves (Inconel on exhaust side)
Shimless conversion
HKS 272 10.4mm cams (IN/EX)
HKS cam gears
HKS timing belt
Unorthodox underdrive crank pulley
Fensport overdrive power steering pulley
Fensport Std size Alt pulley
O2 Induction custom intake manifold
Phenolic spacer
Wilson 80mm Throttle Body
Moroso Oil Pan
Custom Crank Scraper
Electromoitve TEC3
Talor Plug Wires to work with TEC3 coils
Speed Source solid engine mounts
Speed Source SS clutch line
Speed Source shifter bushings
Speed Source Crossmember Bushings
Custom Exhaust 3.5 inch w/ Apex-i Titanium N1 Muffler
Golpher 40mm Aluminum Radiator

Drivetrain:
Clutch Masters FX725 twin disk clutch
ACPT carbon 1 piece driveshaft
Toyota transmission with (93+ MR2 1st, 2nd gear, and shafts) (ST185 3rd-5th) and (ST205/93+ MR2 synchros)
Frana Billet Shift Forks
Hux Racing Scatter Shield
Mario's Center Viscous Coupling upgrade set to 300 ft/lbs
Mario's Rear Diff Mount
Cusco Rear LSD
Custom Solid Aluminum Rear Sub-Frame Mounts

Fuel:
Two Hux Racing fuel rails
Precision 95 Lbs/hr injectors (Primary)
Precision 165 Lbs/hr injectors (Secondary)
Aeromotive A100 fuel pressure regulator
Aeromotive Fuel Filters
Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump
Aeromotive Fuel Pump Controller
JAZ 12 gallon fuel cell

Turbo:
Full Race twin scroll T4 exhaust manifold
Forced Performance HTZ4094R w/ 1.19 A/R Turbine Housing (In Precision terms it's a 6768 turbo)
2 Tial 44mm wastegates
Turbo Smart E-Boost 2 controller
Presicion 24 X 12 x 4 intercooler
HKS SS BOV
All wiggins clamps on the IC piping

Suspension and Brakes:
Tein SS coilovers
Whiteline 20mm rear adjustable swaybar
93 27mm front Toyota sway bar
93 rear control arms
Superflex full bushing Kit
Rocketeer Front and Rear brake kits
SSR Competition 17 X 8 wheels w 245/40 17 tires

Interior:
Momo competition steering wheel
TWM short throw shifter
TRD shift knob
Custom Autometer gauge cluster
Autometer 3 3/8 Speedo (0-160mph)
Autometer 3 3/8 tach
Autometer 2 1/16 fuel level
Autometer 2 1/16 water temp
Autometer 2 5/8 fuel pressure
Autometer 2 5/8 oil pressure
Holley A/F 2 1/16 gauge with FJO wideband
Sparco Figther race seats
Sparco competition 5 point 3" Harness
Custom 12 point cage

Exterior:
Lexus IS 300 Graphite Gray Pearl paint
Shaved fuel door, rear wiper, and rear washer nozzle
VIS RC hood
RC front bumber

GT4_DRED

That's whats up :shoots: ! Glad to see it come together with all you're dealt with in the past year or so. Cant wait to see what it does at the track come spring. Do you have a dyno graph over rpm?

BADNEWS

Here is my dyno graphs made in Excel so you can see torque and RPM. You can really see the misfire in the 6000-7000rpm range like this.

25psi%20in%20excel_zpsncnhl074.png

25psi in Excel

30psi%20in%20excel_zps8vu8y07h.png

30psi in Excel

35psi%20in%20excel_zpsgotg3pxw.png

35psi in Excel

BADNEWS

I already purchased and received new coils from Electromotive and new plug wires from Magencor (per Electromitve recommendations). I just need to go to the shop my Celica is stored at and install them. Once I do that I will schedule some more time on the dyno and see what I can do.

I already am on a wasted spark system. That is what Electromotive always runs with a TEC3. Their ignition system is rated 115+mJ's. That is higher than most coil on plug setups. I believe my problem was just bad plug wires. I got new coils because they were cheap and just to be extra safe. To pay for the dyno session and still have the misfire would be more money then it was for me to just buy the new coils.

As for my crank trigger I already run a 60-2 crank trigger wheel. Again I have to cause that is what is necessary to run an Electromotive TEC3. My distributor has been converted to a cam angle sensor with only one tooth on it. It is only used to sych the fuel injectors for sequential fuel setup.

received_10153204993981669_zpsgpkhsi9v.jpeg

received_10153204994051669_zpsi7ktsr3c.jpeg

PhantomGT4

Ryan, I absolutely love your car. Ever since i saw pics and videos of you building it i have had to have one. and after years now i finally got an unmolested Alltrac that happened to be local. I catch my self watching the "Badnew5 Launch" video constantly! and my twin boys love it just as much as i do. Youre work is truly an inspiration to people. Keep up the good work!

On a side note, do you still chat over on Celicatech?

BADNEWS

Haven't logged onto Celica Tech in years. Sorry man. Thanks though. I forgot that video still has a "5" for the "S" in Badnews. I used to have license plates "BADNEW5" cause that is all that was available. This year I just got "BADNEWS" So I have been changing everything to that.