Drag st165 Time to build a 5SGTE!

dragstang86

Also about your main girdle. What material is that 3/16", 1/4". What main studs and oil pan bolts are you using with it? I assume you made that yourself? Does anybody sell those? If not I can draw one up and have it laser cut but either way I'd like to run one.

Klas

it seems that the blocks from 98+ can be a little different. You have to mill or grind the ribs down completely And its important to assembly the clutch and transmission togetter when you check the clearance.
Regarding the threaded holes on the block, I had to drill and tap some holes to use the stock transfercase brackets. The bosses was already cast in the block (99 camery block) exept one I think.

The girdle was made of 1 inch thick piece of tool steel. I don´t remember what mainstuds I used exept it was ARP studs. I made the girdle myself, but I dont think you need one. I did one to prevent maincap walking, but I will aim for some serious hp numbers. I dont think you need a girdle under 700hp on these blocks. Just my 2 cents.

The exhaust manifold is a cheap chinease stainless manifold (100 bucks) with a homemade adapter. Will be making a new manifold next year.

Hope I have answered all your questions.

Allways fun to help.

dragstang86

What size turbo is that? I'm trying to figure out how big I can go without having to start relocating the radiator etc. Mine is a ST185 but I would think there is about the same amount or room between engine and radiator? I have a GT3582 that I just bought but I am starting to consider a 40 series.

Klas

dragstang86":2bz9ghfd said:
What size turbo is that? I'm trying to figure out how big I can go without having to start relocating the radiator etc. Mine is a ST185 but I would think there is about the same amount or room between engine and radiator? I have a GT3582 that I just bought but I am starting to consider a 40 series.

The turbo is a GT4094R. I had to make the adapter so the turbo sitting as far to the passangerside as possible, I had to move the clutch slavecylinder about an inch or so. The radiator had to be tilted about 2 inches forward in the top.
I think you will have to move stuff around even with a GT35.

Klas

MWP":116fn25d said:
Klas":116fn25d said:
alltracst185":116fn25d said:
just have to order a new low temp thermostat (77C) from the US.

Where are you getting that from?
I need one too :(

I bought the termostat on ebay, but it doesn´t fit our cars (much to big).
But if you find one that fit our cars, please let me know

Klas

Long time ago!
well, the car just needs to be tuned, will probably do that next spring.
Have been renovating my house for a while now. = no time for the alltrac.
Probably gonna make a cage for it this winter, got a pipe bender and some pipes laying around.

Congrats on the great times on teh quarter mile sleeper!

sleeper

Klas":1zdw4t7j said:
Long time ago!
well, the car just needs to be tuned, will probably do that next spring.
Have been renovating my house for a while now. = no time for the alltrac.
Probably gonna make a cage for it this winter, got a pipe bender and some pipes laying around.

Congrats on the great times on teh quarter mile sleeper!

Thanks.. Should be possible to get it down under 9.5 , but need more track time to adjust it. ( have got flatshift working since i ran the car down the 1\4 mile. so now the boost never go under 2kg boost during shifts.. )
Might be a good idea to get a cage in it for me to.. l :twisted: :twisted: ( but this is a street car, and like it to be a "stock" looking as possible.. )

How far ave you adjusted the engine? i guess you do some of the tuning yourself?

Klas

I´ve just tuned it for idle at the moment, yes, gonna do a mild street tune at 1 - 1.5 bar in next spring, and after that, get it on the dyno.
Well that´s the plan anyway.

Klas

BADNEWS":2ljyggkc said:
Anything going on with your ST165 or did you sell it?

WOW, almost feel bad cause I haven´t posted anything here for so long.

Well, I still have the car, It´s all together ( has been for years now) and only needs to be tuned.
I have the car hooked up to a computer in my garage and I really hope I can tune for idle and off load rewing during the free time I will have between x-mas and new year.

I haven´t just found the time doing anything to the car the last years, Have a 2 year old girl and just had a baby boy 2 month ago :) . The house have taken a lot my time too.

Klas

Gt4094r
Have a trigger problem I try figuring out, I lose both home and crank signal over 4000 rpm and the engine stops.