Cannot select any gear

hoys

Long story short, had two shifter cables fray or break, took awhile to order a new custom one, went to put it on last night and the car will not go into any gear, even when actuating the shift mechanism on the transmission by hand. Car sat for about four months, would go into gear just fine before.

Any ideas?

88gt4DE

Original problem was broken cable I assume. All working fine prior assuming. Which cable broke ? up and down or side to side ?

88gt4DE

So you cant even get the gears to change on the trans when moving the selector on the trans with the cables off ...

hoys

Engaging the clutch does nothing (but I haven't confirmed that the hydraulic system still works) and the car isn't in gear, while pushing it the accessory belt doesn't turn.

88gt4DE

If you cant change gears manually at trans its either internal or the part the cables attach to is messed up.

hoys

Fixed this a bit ago. We had a bit too much to drink when we put the cables in and mixed the two up.

649a72868e9d0440ecc29c9086050bec.jpg

Aaron

Haha, nice. Sorry for replying to such an old post. I've been gone for about 6 years since I sold my '90 and didn't realize this board had died so much. Too bad...but there's still tons of great info here at least. Carry on.