Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Exhaust is done, so I am back on the road again. I'll have a video up on it likely next month.

12132845_446000702259399_1120663466_n.jpg

CMS-GT4

A little project I am working on. If there is any interest I might print a few more for sale once I calculate cost.

zaluss

CMS-GT4":dtsokqvs said:
What you save in money you pay in time. It isn't awful but it could be better.

I picked up the ebay exhaust (speed daddy brand) and installed it this afternoon. I was anticipating running into the same issues you did but it fit as intended with no modification. I was able to slip the muffler above the subframe and connect it to the rest of the exhaust without loosening the subframe. The only thing I need to pickup is the extended rubber exhaust hanger as shown in your video for the muffler. I'm not going to clutter your thread with my car pictures so I'll just link the album. http://imgur.com/a/SvpgI

CMS-GT4

Glad it worked out better for you. I am curious how close they stay to their jig when mass producing them.

CMS-GT4

In talks with racerx again on the arms. He told me in 2016 he will no longer be doing custom orders, so I may have the only set.

ChrisD

That's too bad. I bet it's hard for him to justify the time investment for how much he gets back though. A shame as you'd think he could take the custom order and template it out for future customers... Or offer up a group buy perhaps.

CMS-GT4

So it looks like the arms are not happening. Long story short, they are getting out of custom stuff all together.
In other news I got new tires after I investigated the age of mine. So my tip is do not buy new tires until your project is done and driving. No sense is buying something that will rot while you sort things out.

12677592_953070984774075_1540354550_n.jpg

88st165

BFG Rivals?

I'm guilty of the same. Bought wheels and tires then car went down. Now going to try and sell at huge loss. Guess it's the nature of the hobby.

CMS-GT4

Yep I got the rivals. The price was too good to pass up and they should last me a couple years. I want to see how well they perform vs the 14 year old tires I was on. Just waiting for the salt to get washed away.