SkagTits165 ST205 GenIII 3SGTe into ST165 VERY PIC HEAVY

zaluss":a7z2lnaq said:
SkagTits165":a7z2lnaq said:
A full day it took to fit. You cant really tell in the pictures, but i had to deform certain sections of the exhaust. I built a jig to hold the exhaust to bench, while i beat with rubber mallet. The largest deformity was maybe 2mm deep. When i first assembled pieces under car, i never thought that it would fit without cutting and welding, but it did. I had 2mm wood spacers to insert between the exhaust and the suspension/body where the clearances were tight. then as i tightened from front to back i would see where i needed to deform. It was quite the job

<Pics>

Oi. Maybe I'll be heading down to the exhaust shop afterall. I also inquired to Klue about a Bully clutch as it appears my ST205 swap needs one.

If you are going to a generic muffler shop, be prepared for some gross looking bends, not nice mandrel bends.
Probably look like this

athousandleaves

Quick note on the ebay exhaust, on one of my cars I was able to install it without having to deform the pipes or cut anything. Just putting a few washers under the E-W crossmember gave me enough clearance to sneak it by.

Car is looking great though! :smokes:

Damn, maybe mine was just not in the jig correctly, because it took a lot of work.
And on a second note, I LOVE THE GENIII 3SGTE. If anyone out there is contemplating spending a bunch of money on their GENI, don't waste your time or money. These GENIII's are so much more refined in their driveablility and performance, for a reasonable price. Every time i fire her up it feels like im starting a new car. So much fun to drive. Just like a 2-stroke dirtbike, a quick fan of the clutch and its spooling hard

athousandleaves

Yeah, the bigger runners on both sides of the head really change the 3S, way more modern feeling. Even the stock tune is good for plenty of fun too.

801Alltrac

Skagtits
Big changes last time i seen this beauty looking good love the I/c hard pipe, glad you made the jump to the 3rd gen

FC Zach

I agree! I used to have one remotely mounted in the hatch and although a little slow to crank some mornings, it still got me going on a 19 degree (Fahrenheit) day.