st 205 water to air intercooler MOD,St215

JDMSD1

I had a front mount before in a Fwd,converible,my cousin said I had turbo lag.
With this all trac,need no lag to move it,read about st205 intercooler,
After a friend hooked me up w cooler.
It was originally an idea for my aw11.then I bought all trac.perfect.

CMS-GT4

After finding out the core is good for well over my goals I might do this once I put my beams intake manifold on.

deepsky

How has this worked out? I may try it, got an ST215 motor, and ST185. I have the RC IC. Just wondering if you've had any issues or regrets before I may try it. Thanks!

deepsky

If you look at what he's done, it isn't a different exit. He added onto the IC so that it does flow through it the same way, just moved the exit externally to the new location. But I'm concerned as well, that's why I'm asking.

JDMSD1

It is a completely different exit, improved flow and a better exit funneling design. If you look at all the pics,I opened it all up, used half round tube to create a smooth colecter ,funneling it to a different exit. Always some douche critic.

CMS-GT4

No need to be an asshole. People are just asking for data and feedback to see if your results worked in your favor. No one here knows your qualifications to assume you know enough about airflow and intercoolers to build this properly, so people are just asking questions to validate things is for the betterment of the community.

deepsky

Im not questioning your setup at all. I like it so much I may copy it! Just would like to know if it worked out as well as you planned, any advice you can give about it, and if there is anything you would have done differently. Does it fit under the hood without mod? Thanks a bunch.

JDMSD1

OK cool.
I flow tested the intercooler ,seems to flow smooth.I have not driven car yet tho. I still have a lot to do.
Just be careful opening intercooler up. You can also use a third Gen intake, or 5th Gen intake (maybe).
I did this mod because I've only had 4th Gen swaps since the beggining.

Does the air still come out of the same hole as the stock 205, then have to make the turn into the intake manifold? Or did you cut a new hole and block off the original?

soarer.jzz30

I just want to know how you get traffic on your thread. Lmao. Looks great man. I know it works well..
Because I did it too recently on my gen4.
But I used the rest of the St205 exhuast turbo(upgraded to ct20xb) and 3 inch dp.
No one paid attention.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk