St185 Fiberglass hatch weight

Tecker185

So my st185 is going on a diet, with a goal of 2500#. So in order to get there i need to get a bit extreme. So I got my hands on a fiberglass hatch. There is nothing out there on this subject. I guess ill just let the pictures to the talking.

The hatch

Just the glass

Hatch with no wiper and no wing

Wing

CMS-GT4

You need a board or something in the scale that you zero and then weigh the items without them leaning on something for a more accurate reading.
Are the fg hatches still around?

Tecker185

Yeah its plus or minus a pound, id need a piece of plywood to lay the hatch flat. Its just about vertical in the picture.

Yes you can get them, mine just came in the mail today.

Tecker185

Warner lewis I contacted him via facebook. He is the owner of lewis rally sport. Nice guy makes alot of stuff for the st185.

fhalperformance

Here's a factory non 3 piece spoiler hatch hung on my industrial hanging scale. Completely factory missing nothing but the large plastic piece by the latch. Backs up teckers scale.

-stock

-without plastics, wiring, and wiper motor

Warner Lewis in UK is the grandest source of rally Celica FG/CF parts in the world. Great quality and prompt shipping. Very professional.

Tecker185

Im shooting for 2500# and the appearance of a full interior. Alot of custom parts are being made. 2grfe, BorgWarner efr, aem infinity 6, aluminum exhaust, carbon fiber drive shaft, non sunroof skin, ect

The car isnt going to have anything under the dash but a small custom heater core and blower.

fhalperformance

It should be doable. My rc converted 93 with interior doors forward weighs 2940 according to corner balance machine and I just lost another 140 lbs without any carbon fiber or fiberglass bits. It looks like my v6 and steering conversion may loose another 40+ depending on final configuration. Probably cant get there without lightweight body panels for sure but 2700 lbs should be doable with factory body panels. Tecker and I have similar weight goals just going about them a little differently.

thedeadhp

I like the Camry in the background :p

786DD280-D85B-4D26-9A8F-605F824DE3AE.jpg