Campos Group Buy, Pakfeifer Lip and CS/RC Bumper

fastrax203

Perfect! Pretty sure Campos is in LA. As far as getting a bumper and lip...that would drive up the price of the GB quite a bit in the end. However I might be getting the bumper through another manufacturer depending on how many people we get in on the bumper GB. The lip is already a go for the number of people we need but the bumper is lagging behind.

fastrax203

I've posted an update on the bumpers in the OP. Please check it.

I think I might separate the GB as a result. Not sure, what do you guys think?

fastrax203

I think I'll let the Group Buy be open for a month and some change to see if we can get the 50 people required for a poly set. If not we'll do the lip in fiberglass.

Droptop93

I'd love to commit to this 100% but I can only do it pending on when payment is due. Keep me in formed on it! Put me down for both

fastrax203

crosscudi":r6ayj144 said:
Sorry if I over read, but hopefully we already have someone who is willing to lend him an original .

Already lined up for the lip. Bumper, still working on that.

fastrax203

Awesome, It's only been just over a week and we've got around 20 people, not bad! I'm going to keep the GB open until May 15th, 2016 so spread the word!

Scrap Metal

I'm in for a lip.

I live in Socal (inland empire area, and pasadena) and I have a genuine RC bumper installed on my car that I can lend if you guys are still looking? Idk if it matters that its painted?

How long would he need it for?

Spectra1

I may be off on this but I was under the impression when making the mould the item (bumper or lip) is destroyed in the process. Maybe its not in this case but figured I would bring it up so people offering their bumper could be informed. Could anyone clarify if this is correct?

fastrax203

Spectra1":czyuqvoh said:
I may be off on this but I was under the impression when making the mould the item (bumper or lip) is destroyed in the process. Maybe its not in this case but figured I would bring it up so people offering their bumper could be informed. Could anyone clarify if this is correct?

A friend of mine made a custom wing for AE86 Coupes and the person making the CF and FG molds used a special release agent to get the original out of the mold. I figured this was the general case. I'm asking Campos now as I remember someone else mentioning that the original part would be destroyed in the making of the mold. I'll update once I know. Making a replica mold isn't worth destroying an original bumper. I'd rather buy another rep and destroy that.