5sfe ignition vs 3sgte dizzy

Im running a megasquirt currently and in the process of building my engine. Would using the 5sfe ignition system be more reliable a crank and cam sensor and then go C.O.P.?

Already planned on cleaning things up and rewiring the whole engine bay anyways.

Question is can we use the cam sensor with the 3s head?

Or do we use the crank and a cam signal from the dizzy?

Appreciate you guys clearing up my blurred vision here since I don't have a 5s in front of me yet.

aus jd 2703

you can use the 5sfe crank sensor, this may mean u need a different sump (I know with gen 3 it does).
you will still need a cam sensor for the home signal.

crank sensors are better in the sense they don't vary with belt stretch and also offer better resolution.

fyi I run a gen 3 distributor with my haltech ps1000 and have had no trigger issues (260awhp at 7500rpm)

Im aiming more up in the 500awhp and although the megasquirt has had no issues. I still felt going with 2 sensors over one n then coil on olug would be a lot more beneficial.

Tecker185

If you can get a good deal on a st215 head that would give you a cam trigger.

The 5s has its cam trigger on the cam gear. You could t really adapt that. You could put the 5s oil pump on and get the crank trigger. Then you could make a custom distributor cam trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aus jd 2703

I run full sequential COP off stock distributor.

the only down sides of our trigger in the cam is the resolution and its vulnerability to heat (hot restarts can require a change in the threshold voltage).
oh and the variation caused by belt stretch/tension.

unless you are reving it high there is no point. (8k rpm+)