Body Panel Creation

N8wrx

Overtriped":1rf9uqpb said:
How about I bring them my car? Has anyone contacted klue?

That would work, im sure they would need the car for some time tho (I have no idea how long, I think I posted the contact info in a prior post. Give them a email or something and see if it will work?) Im not sure who Klue is either?

I wont be able to work on my car much now until the spring/ summer which is when I plan on starting to tackle the body stuff. Car is 100% stripped now and on jack stands but without a heated garage I cant do too much unless I want to be a ice cube. (I don't have a portable heater, need a welder purchased first). So that said it wont be until at least maybe mid summer before I can send him panels from my car.

Overtriped

Klue is in Ontario and he is my contact for JDM parts I can't get from Toyota USA. He might be able and willing to work with your contact, seems like they are pretty close. Check out his stuff xiiimotorsports.

88_ST165

Ive used Wolf Steel before...Very nice stuff. My father started movement on Datsun 510 rear quarters similar to what were doing here! A buddy of mine also purchased Jag panels from him. Nice stuff! :D

Overtriped

Hmm, well this could be doable, my bosses family lives In Vermont and he could prob drop
It off with my car trailer easy enough.

With that being said I can't nesessarly pay someone to fix my car, I was planning
On fixing the sheet metal myself. I'll be the test dummy if it
Doesn't cost a fortune.

N8wrx

Dont loose hope all! I know im not on this forum nearly as much as I should be but i do have a few different avenues going with other metal workers that are more local to me. Its early stage with one guy but he used to build Concors O'deleganza Villa D'este cars or so he says (We will see). Also with the guy in Canada... hes ready to roll but just needs something to work with.... he said whole car is best as long as there is enough metal in the right spots to reproduce it accurately but he would take panels in sections to do im sure, im just not at the point yet where i can remove any of the "body" sections (aka sections im going to have to drill or cut out). I am however close and would LOVE to have the body done by the start of next winter so I can work all winter on the motor/driveline and drive it that next summer (we will see).

ascribe

Awesome, thanks for the update! I was getting ready to reach out and see where things were at. Sounds like you've got a couple of good leads. Still looking for some intact panels?

N8wrx

The one guy didnt end up panning out as i had hoped. The only real thing lined up is with Robin and pretty much they are just waiting for something to re-create. If we are able to get him panels then I think we can do something, Like i said I wont be prepared to remove panels till AT LEAST this summer. If you able to get something to send to him please do, his information is on here and he knows about the project at hand.

N8wrx

So ive found another gentleman in England that runs a GT4 scrap company, solely for GT4's. We have begun the steps of getting some panels from him cut and shipped over currently (so these are OEM panels). Once ive completed a transaction with him I will post the information so other than use this resource. At this point hes not a super huge company and not very well known so I dont want to throw out his info if I never get the panels (everything is looking go so far). The biggest thing we have run into is shipping as the panels are pretty heavy depending on what your getting and international shipping is pricey as it is. If this falls through I may start fabing panels myself (might offer this out to people in need depending on how hard it ends up getting and how well I can make them). I got my welder and everything else I need so I should be starting the repairs here within the month depending on how long these panels take.

ascribe

Would it make sense to ship a single pair of panels from England and then take them to Robin to re-create? Alternatively, I'm going to reach out this week to see about using my car as the test run for this project. Can't pass inspection without new rockers...the car might as well sit in Canada where it can do some good for people. My passenger side rocker should be good, we will see about the drivers.

819_ay

So guys... I called wolf steel(the shop mentioned in the post... He is still waiting on parts to copy...and I just bought an alltrac to add to the gt4 family and it's got bad rust underneath and km 3 hours away for that shop I would bring him the complete car to make new parts... My question is how many people would honestly be interested in parts from the list in the first post

Tecker185

Id buy a set and ive got a rust free shell. Let me know how much it a set of rockers will cost. I may buy a few sets to get this going.

warracer

819_ay":1u2vonrp said:
So guys... I called wolf steel(the shop mentioned in the post... He is still waiting on parts to copy...and I just bought an alltrac to add to the gt4 family and it's got bad rust underneath and km 3 hours away for that shop I would bring him the complete car to make new parts... My question is how many people would honestly be interested in parts from the list in the first post

Id buy atleast both rocker and more,.,, And im from Quebec too...

warracer

Alright, so yesterday I was cleaning my car and noticed the left rocker panel was rotten from the inside, I need to change it asap if I don't want it to spread...

I contacted Wolf Steel and they're interested in making those, I'll most likely drop my car there for them to make the template...

I also asked for complete floors for a 1990 Toyota pickup but thats another story... :D

Here`s the convo

Bonjour Charles,

Thanks for the email. I'd be interested in making those parts, for the Celica for sure. I would need to use your car as a template for the first parts. It would be ideal if you could leave it with us for a few days so we can make templates and fit the panels, but if that's not possible, we can work something out.

Regarding the pickup, I'd like to be making the floors for that too, but I'd need to see some pictures of it because I seem to remember that the beads in them being deeper than we can go, but maybe we could work something out.

Cheers,

Robin Wilkinson

Wolf Steel
1 Ballerina, Frelighsburg, QC
J0J 1C0
CANADA
T: (450) 298-5078
robin@alfaparts.net

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 10:53 AM, <> wrote:

Hi!

I was wondering if it could be possible to have some body panels (rockers, fender etc) for a 5th gen Celica?

Im from Montreal and I know a couple guys around the area and from the States that would be very interested in buying those parts since nobody makes them anymore (especially the rockers and floor)
They`re not that special in term of profile or bend so I would imagine you could be able to do them quite easily.

I could supply my car if needed since the left rocker is starting to rot...

Also, floors for the 1991 Toyota pickup would be awesome! I could supply my truck aswell if needed... (I have an extended cab)

I also speak french but I was unsure in which language you were the most confortable since your website is in english..

Thanks!

athousandleaves

Great to see some movement on this again. I know quite a few people in the area here that aren't active on the forums but could definitely use a set of rocker panels.

warracer

Sweet, glad to see some people are interested, they should be cheap , they sell complete rocker (48'' long) the the pickup at 50$cdn each so... I'll ask for widebody panels aswell (rear quarter and fender) it would be awesome to have they in steel rather than fiberglass...

819_ay

So your gonna bring him your car? I'm about to start stripping mine to bring him the complete shell to cut and do whatever he wants with it lol... Might not be able to bring it to him as quick as you, but by all means go ahead lol worst case I can bring him the car of he still needs it for other parts afterwards, I was just waiting for the warm weather to come along and needed to fix the gt4 so I can get it out of the way which is now done...

Sent from my LG-D852G using Tapatalk