Looking for System 10 radio

LvX

hello everybody, i'm looking for a system 10 radio (86120-33110) anyone has one to sell?

alltracman78

Sorry, mine is 86120 2b290.
I believe they're generally interchangeable. How many connectors/pins do you have on the rear of yours?

alltracman78":33su9bug said:
Sorry, mine is 86120 2b290.
I believe they're generally interchangeable. How many connectors/pins do you have on the rear of yours?
alltracman78, do you still have your Toyota P/N 86120-2B290 available?

I believe this part number is for a 14-pin wiring connector at the back. I don't know if it has the diversity antennae connector at the back in addition to the primary antennae connection, or just the primary antennae connection. I also don't know if it has the steering wheel control connection at the back or not.

If yours has the diversity antennae connection and the primary antennae connection, and the 14-pin wiring connector, and if everything on this unit is in excellent working order, let me know if you still have it and want to sell it. I may be interested.

Dave91alltrac":1p8r8zro said:
I have one from my 91 Celica. The CD player does not work. Not sure if you still need one, but I have one.
Dave91alltrac, is yours an 86120-2B290?

If it is, did you ever have it in your 91 All-Trac?

Reason I ask is that, from 91 on, all Celica System 10 units were 15-pin, and were model number 86120-33110. The 86120-2B290 is a 14-pin older style connector (head unit looks otherwise identical).

Please advise.

OK. Does the back look like this, with the 14-pin old-style wiring harness connector? What does the front face look like (condition-wise)? For a unit where the CD unit doesn't work, how much are you looking to get for it?

image.php

Dave91alltrac

stereo2.jpgI honestly don't even know. $50 bucks? I'm new to the All Trac game, but love my car. I am actually not sure that the CD player doesn't work. The guy that had the car took it out and I just put one in that had Bluetooth so I could use the mic feature when calling. It looks good and has the same pin connections I believe.
stereo1.jpg

Can you provide a picture of the entire back side of the unit? Just want to see if it has both the regular antenna cable connection and the diversity cable connection, or just one. Need both.

If both are present, based on seeing there is no tape between the face cover and the metal cover along the top (there was when this unit was originally installed), this tells me the unit was opened up at one time. You said you thought the CD player may not be working. In all honestly, this particular deck has a 90% chance of having some kind of malfunction after 28 years of life. These units tend to developed failed capacitors (output volume & sound quality deteriorates, radio seek doesn't stop at strong stations because reception deteriorates), bad diodes (display doesn't stay on, night illumination drops out), and mechanical issues (bands from motors that drive tape and CD systems stretch & slip/snap).

I would be OK going about $30, maybe $35, given this risk, but $50 is a bit high with this kind of risk.

So let me know what you think.

Thank-you for the additional pics. It does have the diversity antenna connection along with the regular antenna.

If you are willing to sell and ship for $35.00, I'll take it. I'll let you know what condition it is in after it gets here.

If you have PayPal, just PM me your email address assigned to your PayPal account and I'll send you the $35.00 along with my address to ship it to.

Thank-you again for all the communications.

When did you get your All-Trac?

Dave91alltrac

Thank you. I'll look into shipping today when I get your address. Where in the country are you? I was going to keep it just to have everything original (it still has the original windows, etc...etc,) but I just replaced all of the speakers as they were dry and some blown. Still managed to use the amp though! :)

I bought my Celica last month. Only 67K original miles. Last of the engine/suspension work happening next week and new paint the following month. Going to go with the original aquamarine pearl just to keep it stock. Fun car!

I'm in Wisconsin. I'll respond to your PM shortly.

I have (4) 5th Gen Celica's now, all 100% stock original, all with System 10 setups that are original, 2 of them restored.

They are:
- 1993 GT Convertible (restored) - 79k miles (white, repainted with white metal flake clear coat)
- 1992 GT-S: original time capsule - 72k miles (super red)
- 1990 All-Trac (restored) - 122,000 miles (super red)
- 1990 All-Trac (original time capsule) - 82k miles (medium red pearl)

The (2) All-Tracs are actually my son's, but he give's me the privilege to assist with restorations. I do mechanicals, electricals, interiors, etc. I let the body shops with their equipment handle body restoration and refinishing.

Regarding speakers (we've had 2 5th Gen ST models in the past also), I've never had a blown speaker in any of these. The door woofers had the foam dry-rotted in every one of the System 10 vehicles though. There is a place in Indiana or Ohio which re-suspends them for a very reasonable cost. With the OEM speaker housings with air porting and all, I've never heard another vehicle audio system with sound quality so clear & precise as the System 10 setup. I've only ever experienced one amp issue - where one of the door woofers would fire on it. While those amps aren't particularly powerful, they are full-wave rectified units from back in the day when full-wave could be had (today they are all bridge rectified) so the sound quality is tremendous. And in a small coupe, one doesn't need 500-800 watts. 1/4-volume is way past my tolerance of sound pressure. So you keeping your original amp was a very wise decision. But those head units were very trouble prone. I'm expecting yours to not be perfect - but I'm hoping I can restore it.

PS: Staying with the original aquamarine pearl color for your All-Trac is a great idea. I really like that color, and not very many of that color around (not very many 5th Gen All-Tracs around either).