Not hiding my FWD shame

I recently purchased a '90 Celica GT-S in order to run a cross-country roadtrip/road rally for my buddy's bachelor party.

25356808980_21430a86c8_z.jpg

I've always wanted an ST16x but none were really available in my town, so this is a good second choice.

Our hooptie has been very worn out - they definitely used every part of the buffalo. So far we have replaced completely blown struts/shocks, both badly torn front axles, rotors/pads/fluid/lines, various maintenance items and a ton of leaky seals. The timing belt is almost double its replacement interval, so that is coming up next.

One thing I have found out is that aftermarket front spring isolators from an '87 Camry work on this car, which is good because RockAuto did not have new isolators for the 90-93 Celica.

I've joined the forum to try and look out for those harder-to-find Toyota-specific bits such as System 10 gear and centre caps. Hopefully there is a good partout or two!

Since everyone always asks, you can read more about the rally here: http://tm2twrally.com/

Looking forward to posting more.