Looking for st205 parts

Bobby

HI, I'm new to the forum. I have a 90 camry that I am currently doing the st205 swap into. I am in desperate need of some cv axles as the motor I ordered did not come with cv axles in the transmission. Can any one help me?

FWD axles or AWD? I think you can pick them all up at any parts store just ask for 90-93 Celica 2.0 Turbo axles they run about 50 bucks. If you are re-using your FWD trans your original ones should work. Or go get 90-93 FWD axles... not sure the 205 block has the carrier bearing mounting spot though.

Bobby

It's the awd, I've heard some guys say you can use older axles. But are they not the 2 piece axles? If so do you buy the inners separate, and they fit?

Your looking for 90-93 Celica alltrac axles then. DO NOT buy 205 axles they are too long. The axles are sold as a single assembly, they obviously contain many parts that can be swapped around with other ones but that is not needed for your application. They are about 50-60 bucks a piece from autozone or napa orielly whatever. They are listed under 90-93 Celica 2.0 turbo usually.

mx6er2587

He's talking about stub shafts. The 5th gen axles use axle stubs and bolt on the main axle, while the ST205 uses "one" piece axles.

I believe CTech is right though about the st205 axles being too long. You'll probably need to source both the axle stubs and axles from an st185. The axle shafts can be purchased at parts stores as mentioned while you'll probably need to find the stubs used somewhere. I believe the mr2 turbo (non LSD) stubs will work as well

Bobby

Thanks for the info guys,mx6 is right in I ment the stub shaft and axle"2 peice", unfortunately I allready bought the st205 axles and am waiting for them to arrive. Maybe I can fit my old axles into the inner peice of the St205's axles to shorten them up. I guess I will find out when they arrive. Other wise I guess I'll just sell the axles and buy the inner stubs and axles for the st185. Thanks for the help!

Bobby

Hey guys so I'm working on my Camry and I'm trying to get the engine running and for some reason I don't have a ground on e2 the engine ground,I'm not sure where that supposed to go so if somebody help me out with Where E2 goes that would help me out a lot, I am also looking to find out which is the fuel pressure line I think it's pretty obvious I'm guessing that it is the crimped fuel line that's on the upper side of the fuel rail where is the return is the metal line that just has a spring clamp on it.

alltracman78

IIRC E2 usually bolts to the rear of the intake manifold. Though that may be E1.
Regardless, you can attach it to any good ground.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm fairly certain E1 grounds on the engine [intake manifold] and E2 grounds to the chassis.

You have the fuel lines correct.