Suddenly rough running

deepsky

Hi Guys, it seems like I can't keep up with the problems on my 92. I can only keep it if it is a fairly reliable DD. Anyways, sorted lots of problems, and almost ready to start driving it regularly, and suddenly it just idles rough and stumbles under acceleration. Seems like its missing, but it seems more irregular. Tried different plugs, seems maybe a little better, but not sure. Also, while troubleshooting I found this set of 3 wires coming up from what seems like the bottom back of the engine, its a pink/red, yellow and black wires in a protective sheath, with what looks like the connector broken off. I cannot find anything not connected in the area.

Attachments

• 20160513_175253.jpg
    20160513_175253.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,042

deepsky

In the photo you can see the brake lines on the firewall. I can't get any more of the wires in the frame. I agree this doesn't look oem. I would agree a vacuum leak seems likely, any ideas on how to find vacuum leaks? I haven't found anything yet. Thanks.

underscore

The easier way is to make a $5 tester, pressurize the system with the engine off and listen for the leaks.