Identify these O-Rings

___Scott___

I bought a Fel-Pro "valve grind" gasket set for a 1st gen 3SGTE and for the most part it appears to be correct. The gasket between the exhaust manifold and turbo is the wrong one, so I accept that the circled o-rings may be wrong too. Before I overlook something important, does anyone recognize them and know where they go?

ValveGrindGaskets.jpg

I will not be using the head gasket that came in the set, so if anyone wants it it's yours for the price of shipping.

fussellbug

This is only a guess, but the EPC shows oil cooler o-rings included in the Engine Overhaul kit, so that may be what they are.

___Scott___

There are o-rings in the kit that match the size of the OEM oil cooler o-rings (which I bought from the local dealer and already installed,) but they are bigger than these.

___Scott___

That hadn't even occurred to me so I ran back out to the shop, pulled an injector from the fuel rail and looked at its o-ring. Too small.

Here is another pic that gives a better idea of the scale relative to the injector o-ring.

ScaleRelativeToInjector.jpg

Orings are for injectors... This kit must be for a 2nd gen 3sgte. Gen1 had single entry turbo as to the gen2 which is twin entry. Which is why u gotten the wrong turbo gasket

___Scott___

The kit seems to be a mix of both gen1 and gen2. The cam cover gaskets are correct for gen1 and they are not interchangeable with gen2. I'm not sure if the cam seals are interchangeable, but they fit the gen1 correctly. The oil cooler o-rings are the correct size, but slightly different than the OEM o-rings (which are similar to the orange o-ring in this pic: http://www.turbomr2.com/MR2/HowTo/Engin ... racket.jpg)

The gasket for the water neck with all the sensors in it was close enough but I suspect it wasn't originally designed for the gen1 engine.

It doesn't matter now. The engine is back together and ready to go back in the car tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who offered ideas. I assume the mystery o-rings are for some other engine and are now designated "spare" like a bunch of other stuff in the gasket set.