Swaping Heads??

zedxfarin

Hello i own a 1991 celica alltrack.

Head gasket gone and warped head after overheating! Car wont start pistons moving easily with very little compression car wont start.

I want to buy a 2nd head have it polished, ported and camed. then when i am ready i can make a clean swap.
(This will help me spread the cost over time)

-----Can anyone tell me what head I need for my block?-----
also any advice on replacing head gaskets and cams on a st165 would be welcome thanks everyone.

MrMcQuacker

All heads are interchangeable IIRC, you are just going to have to get the additional parts for it, like the intake manifold and headers depending on generation.

zedxfarin

I completely understand now. Simply put thank you.

After consideration I am now thinking about having an engineering team rebuild the entire engine. I would be devastated if I spent a lot on the head only to hear that dreaded rattle from the bottom end a few thousand miles later.

This is the teams website if anyone's interested in the spooky future : http://www.precisionengineservices.co.uk

I will obtain a quotation asap and report.

zedxfarin

Ballpark Figure is £5k = $7100

That is engine removed, overhauled and put back in and road tested.

I might just do this I love my Celica and I love Initial D! :oops:

Smaay

i have a gen 2 head that I rebuilt. It has new valve seals, valves have been lapped, and I upgraded it to 1ZZ buckets with the proper clearances. id like to get 500 for it.. plus any shipping.

zedxfarin

Thank you for your kind offer, i really dont know if your head would fit my block. I have been in contact with the engineering team that say they can get started on it in 3 weeks.