How power gains 220-250 Horse power?

ST185l

Good evening, finally I have left of side the celica on that I commented and have been going to see other one

I have to change the head gasket and want to be useful to do some small modification to him, do not need a lot of power. I want to gain NM

They have said to me that the differences between St158 and St205 are: Turbo (bigger?), camshaft and ecu

If I change the camshaft will I gain something notable? Will ecu recognize correctly the parameters?

Which would be the first modifications that you would do?

-Sorry for my english, use google translate

alltracman78

If you just want more NM [torque] then open up the intake side and leave the exhaust side stock.
Intake, larger intake camshaft, better intake manifold and throttle body, larger top mount intercooler [make sure you use a top mount intercooler and not a front mount]. I also wouldn't suggest using an ST205 intercooler. It doesn't match up with the ST185 piping.
Most of this is more than the stock computer can handle. You can look for a homologation [RC - Japan, CS - Europe, Grp A - Australia] computer and air flow meter. They can handle a little more airflow.

Replacing the factory pleated intake hoses with smooth hoses [or a straight intake] gives you quicker response and is relatively cheap.