St165 mount bolts stripped out

When i went to put the engine in. The rear two. Firewall area won't tighten up anyone know how to get to where they go in. Can I replace a nut or drill it out and do nut n washer on top.

The engine is built. So its not like 200hp but like 600-800 area.

ChrisD

This is the rear engine mount? Bolt and regular nut would be fine too. The front uses that. In reality that's all it is, just the nut is welded to the mount. Or knock off the welded on nut and weld on a new one.

Its not the mount mount. Its the support.

One side bolts to the radiator suppot other side is at the firewall.

I will have to cut the hump plate area if I can even get to it. Thats the question. Can I even get to the other side.

I'll take a video tonight talking and showing it

ChrisD

Ah the bolts for the north-south crossmember. Bah. Yeah I might be inclined to give helicoiling a shot. But those ones are a pain.

Perhaps you could try a threaded tap?

ts_3-8_bot_sto_tap.jpg

I understand all that. I would assume its a nut welded in place. I hate the idea of drilling out a nut and tapping it cause then it will be thin and weak. The helicoil isnt a bad idea except it reduces the size of the bolt. If we was oem I wouldn't mind and if I drilled it out once again same issue to thin. Best scenario is to replace the damaged area with new. I just done want to cut out part of my hump plate to realize that I can't get to it.

Like for instance the front side has a metal piece with a nut welded to it. And its supposed to be tacked in place. Mine both move and are loose. Really need replaced as well. But I'd have to cut the core support to get to them and that is a visible area. I was just hoping someone else had this and already cut the hump area and was able to fix it

quieter

nahh tap a new thread thats a tad bigger and put a bolt thats the same size and bingo! my thread fucked up too under the firewall when i installed a new crossmember kit

quieter":87sfkytt said:
nahh tap a new thread thats a tad bigger and put a bolt thats the same size and bingo! my thread fucked up too under the firewall when i installed a new crossmember kit

Thanks. So you just re did it. I'm gonna make a small inspection hole and have a look I decided. But yep it sucks.