[How to] Install a blow-off valve

Write ups and tutorials for maintenance and modifications.

Postby BriinumsBo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:17 pm

Gary wrote:Not really. BOV opens not just when there is vacuum in the intake manifold. There has to be pressure in the intercooler too. That mean it opens only when there is a difference in pressure between intercooler pipe and behind the throttle plate. It only occurs when you close the throttle plate abruptly (lift of your right gas pedal after boosting).
So, at idle, BOV should be completely close. If it is open at idle, you should adjust the spring tension so that it is close. While boosting, it should not leak (same pressure on both sides).

well it really depends on the BOV. good quality ones really are designed to open when there is boost and intake vacuum at the same time, but there are others that open when there is any vacuum no matter what pressure is after the turbo..
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
BriinumsBo
Club Member

Postby AlexxxST185 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:38 pm

where to insert the blow off hose. put the photo please
AlexxxST185

Postby SleepingTurbo » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:53 am

ok so i get that its kinda smart to recirc. ive got an MR2 bpv. if i connect that to my I/C piping by way of t-hose, what needs to be done to get it recirced and wwhere can i hook it up so it works? or is just the t-hose fitting enough?
May be moving on from the All Trac world.
SleepingTurbo
Club Member

Re:

Postby Rallly » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:42 pm

SleepingTurbo wrote:ok so i get that its kinda smart to recirc. ive got an MR2 bpv. if i connect that to my I/C piping by way of t-hose, what needs to be done to get it recirced and wwhere can i hook it up so it works? or is just the t-hose fitting enough?

Did you ever figure this out?
Rallly
Club Member

Re: Re:

Postby Lamont » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Rallly wrote:
SleepingTurbo wrote:ok so i get that its kinda smart to recirc. ive got an MR2 bpv. if i connect that to my I/C piping by way of t-hose, what needs to be done to get it recirced and wwhere can i hook it up so it works? or is just the t-hose fitting enough?

Did you ever figure this out?

It's not too hard at all, you just use the plugged vacuum line on the rear right of the intake manifold. Here is my current setup using a MR2 BPV:

90 Celica Alltrac (Project Phoenix)
94 Celica GT V6 (Selene)
My project: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=33578&start=0
Lamont
Club Member

Re: [How to] Install a blow-off valve

Postby Rallly » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks for posting this. Okay so it's tough to see but where does the top nipple hose run too?
What is going on with the lower small nipple and right side big port?
Rallly
Club Member

Previous

Return to How To