URGENT: how long will a engine swap in st165 take

Ryan

Kinda urgent, I have a 1st gen jdm engine i want to hookup to my usdm tranny, then put it all back in with the usdm harness.
how long will this take? (deciding between paying mechanic VS doing myself)
and will it all work?

-Ryan

Ryan

What if I remove them together? Would that be easier to put them together then back in the car?

-Ryan

underscore

Consensus is usually to remove them together, I don't think it's possible to remove the engine and leave the trans in there.

I concur with that.

Should be removed together.

Either use a pillar ramp or make sure you have loads of clearance under the car!

You can pull the transfer out by itself, I can't remember if it was trevor or chrisd. Someone did it, but I don't think it would be simple. Way easier to drop them out together.

ChrisD

Mr Alltrac":3dl6vg8k said:
You can pull the transfer out by itself, I can't remember if it was trevor or chrisd. Someone did it, but I don't think it would be simple. Way easier to drop them out together.

Yeah I've done it a couple times that way. I probably wouldn't recommend if you don't have a lift, transmission jack, etc. It's pretty tricky to get the trans mated back on to the engine. If you're pulling the motor anyway, just pull it all as a unit. Far easier, quicker.

Ryan

Thank you for all the replies, I've rented a garage bay with all the stuff I need and hope I'll do all right, any things I should do while engines out?

-Ryan