Another ACPT C/F Driveshaft 7/2016

BayAreaAT

All that are getting one should've gotten email from Ryan at ACPT. Please turn them in soon as possible to get the production going. :D

fhalperformance

I will submit them when they respond back to my question. It asks us to total shaft cost + shipping -35 and write the total in. I didnt get a shipping cost and I had a question about whether or not it was -35 for each shaft.

zero06

hey sorry im not on here often. I got an email of the drawing but not the P/o. my concern is that I had actually recieved this drawing from ryan at acpt last year and compared it to Badnew5's shaft off his car from the original group buy. badnew5's shaft was 3" longer than what this drawing shows.

im Pm'ing you with my email for the p/o but id like to address this concern

ChrisD

This drawing shows 73.5" from the diff flange face to the centre of the u-joint. My measurement had it at 74.25". Then there is an additional 6" for the u-joint to the yoke end. I don't know how that compares to the 165 OEM yoke.

So it's not 3" out, but doesn't perfectly match up the OEM measurements from what I see. Best way might be to get a hold of the first batch drawing and see if it's the same, since that's known to fit fine.

3SDNA

Attached is the drawing from the group buy back in 2012. Take a look.

Attachments

• V__0143.jpg
    V__0143.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 1,378
  • DOC081116-08112016100241.pdf
    877.7 KB · Views: 105

ChrisD

Checked with a friend (GT4RC) who has it fitted on his car. His drawing is the same as above, which is identical to the one provided in this GB. His shaft fits no problem.

He also mentioned the steel bits have surface rust now. Wonder if they'd be able to provide a coating or something?

BayAreaAT

Few more people we are waiting :D for the payment. They will not start the production until all payments are received.

mkernz22

I'll let you know by Friday whether I'm in or out. Have to fork over $500 for my 6GC because the fuel lines started leaking under the car so I'm doing a bunch of stuff while everything is out.. :x :cry:

I hope I can swing it, but it's going to be tough with the semester starting back up next month.

fhalperformance

I asked acpt about driveshaft differences and they confirmed it is the same as the last time they did a group buy for this shaft. I was concerned about that too

zero06

I was told the same about it being their last drawing but I was also told if it was wrong we are SOL and they weren't going to be making adjustments for free and that that we should confirm fitment. I was actually arranging a group buy last fall but when I ran into this I was going to mock up a shaft at these dimensions using a hacked up stock shaft and some pipe before I brought it to the forum.

Ryan's overall FOF to tip measurement is 81"

BayAreaAT

ChrisD":21gjz4e7 said:
Checked with a friend (GT4RC) who has it fitted on his car. His drawing is the same as above, which is identical to the one provided in this GB. His shaft fits no problem.

He also mentioned the steel bits have surface rust now. Wonder if they'd be able to provide a coating or something?

The exact same print we are using for this group buy is the the same as they release from the last group. buy. Looking at the print, the tolerance are very tight. I can always trow this on coordinate measuring machine when we receive it.

MARLON1211

The best way to really know if this fits properly & correctly with minimal or no adjustments is to contact the people from the 1st GB buy and chime in if there is any issues with the installation and performance assuming it was installed properly and running. Some not all that bought them never really gave enough detail of the upgrade. Either their AT is still in a project stage or not able to install it due to time and money. IMO I need a descriptive enough info with the CF shaft before coughing up over 1k.
Just my 2cent

zero06

I have seen Badnew5's in person, his operates fine, and was from the original GB all the measurements were the same except the overall FOF to tip length was 81"

zaluss

Sent my completed credit card form. Had a last minute convincing with the SO.

Did we figure out the coating?