Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Talk about your project car here

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby WarTowels » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:46 pm

^ Oh that's yummy!
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
2003 S2000
1985 300TD
User avatar
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God
 
Posts: 6443
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:30 am
Location: I live in a garage.

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby Insanity-74 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates, i do minor updates on my facebook page, had a few mistakes along the way, mostly silly things like forgetting to put hardener in the clear coat etc. But ,aking some good progress now.....at last.

Starting to get some colour down :) its only the underside of the bonnet, but a successful step for a diy novis paint sprayer

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/nialusa/media/Celica%20Rebuild/image_zpsows5ro7x.jpeg.html"]Image[/url]

And the Toms front lip done

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/nialusa/media/Celica%20Rebuild/image_zpsul08qgzb.jpeg.html"]Image[/url]

And getting thebrear crash bar refurbished

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/nialusa/media/Celica%20Rebuild/image_zpsc9lwjvat.jpeg.html"]Image[/url]
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
User avatar
Insanity-74
Club Member
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Under the car

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby MWP » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Insanity-74 wrote:like forgetting to put hardener in the clear coat ...


Ouch, i would hate to deal with that. How did you?

Great to see the progress :)
My collection of GT4 documentation: http://gt4.mwp.id.au
Daily: Celica GT4 ST185 (~170kw/atw)
Project: Toyota RA28 '77 Celica (1UZ-FE powered)
Chairman of the SA Classic Celica Club.
MWP
Established Member
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby Insanity-74 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:48 pm

MWP wrote:
Insanity-74 wrote:like forgetting to put hardener in the clear coat ...


Ouch, i would hate to deal with that. How did you?


Paintv stripper and rubbing it down back to primer, took ages but the results have been good, inwill attempt the front bumper and maybe the top of the bonnet this weekend :)
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
User avatar
Insanity-74
Club Member
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Under the car

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby CSAlltrac » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:52 am

Man that sucks! How much of the car was sprayed?
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
User avatar
CSAlltrac
Established Member
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: ATX

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby Insanity-74 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:25 am

CSAlltrac wrote:Man that sucks! How much of the car was sprayed?


Luckily only the rear spoiler so it didnt take too long to sort out, could have done without it though, but i guess its a learning curve. I wont forget to add hardener ever again :doh:

Managed to half spray the front bumper yesterday, but rain stopped play.......all i need is a few days of sunshine and no rain and progress could be made. Summer here has been terrible with hardly any hot sunny days.....which is what i really need when spraying.
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
User avatar
Insanity-74
Club Member
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Under the car

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby CSAlltrac » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:03 am

Insanity-74 wrote:
CSAlltrac wrote:Man that sucks! How much of the car was sprayed?


Luckily only the rear spoiler so it didnt take too long to sort out, could have done without it though, but i guess its a learning curve. I wont forget to add hardener ever again :doh:

Managed to half spray the front bumper yesterday, but rain stopped play.......all i need is a few days of sunshine and no rain and progress could be made. Summer here has been terrible with hardly any hot sunny days.....which is what i really need when spraying.

Glad you caught that quick. I've seen some guys spray the whole car and do that. Want to talk about crawling into a hole and dying!
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
User avatar
CSAlltrac
Established Member
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: ATX

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby Insanity-74 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:36 am

CSAlltrac wrote:
Insanity-74 wrote:
CSAlltrac wrote:Man that sucks! How much of the car was sprayed?


Luckily only the rear spoiler so it didnt take too long to sort out, could have done without it though, but i guess its a learning curve. I wont forget to add hardener ever again :doh:

Managed to half spray the front bumper yesterday, but rain stopped play.......all i need is a few days of sunshine and no rain and progress could be made. Summer here has been terrible with hardly any hot sunny days.....which is what i really need when spraying.

Glad you caught that quick. I've seen some guys spray the whole car and do that. Want to talk about crawling into a hole and dying!


I can imagine....its horrible to remove as it never sets, you cant sand it off, paint stripper is a nightmare as it can eat through the plastic aswell, makes me wish i had a media blaster. Hopefully its not something i will do again.
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
User avatar
Insanity-74
Club Member
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Under the car

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby Insanity-74 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Image

Image

Managed to get the front bumper sprayed, not perfect but it will be soon, a couple of runs and some dust but easily sorted with a bit of wet n dry.
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
User avatar
Insanity-74
Club Member
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Under the car

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby aus jd 2703 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:52 pm

insanity whats your trade? ie job?
curious if you are getting this good of a result with a DIY paint job, maybe there is hope for me giving it a go lol

awesome work eitherway
aus jd 2703
Established Member
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:02 am

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby Insanity-74 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:45 am

aus jd 2703 wrote:insanity whats your trade? ie job?
curious if you are getting this good of a result with a DIY paint job, maybe there is hope for me giving it a go lol

awesome work eitherway


Thanks 8)

My job....i work in an office mostly and on work sites, i am a Senior Project Planner.
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
User avatar
Insanity-74
Club Member
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Under the car

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby Insanity-74 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:06 am

Coming along nicely. Although today I learned don't close the bonnet before attaching the bonnet pull cable........does anyone have a bonnet pull cable for sale :)

Imager
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
User avatar
Insanity-74
Club Member
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Under the car

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby Insanity-74 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:17 pm

Starting to put things back together now. the bodywork needs a bit of flat polishing to get it perfect like a mirror, i have done the roof and it has come up amazing, well pleased.

Image
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
User avatar
Insanity-74
Club Member
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am
Location: Under the car

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby CSAlltrac » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:09 am

Your posts are like GT4 Porn.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
User avatar
CSAlltrac
Established Member
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: ATX

Re: Insanity-74s ST205 Rally Hybrid build

Postby FC Zach » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:59 am

I look forward to updates, anxiously waiting to see the final result. Looking great so far!
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

PreviousNext

Return to My Project

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests