What happened to all the cheap Ebay Celica exhausts?

I remember seeing a bunch of the "OBX" or other brand name 3 inch exhausts for the st185 all over ebay. I've gotten a few of these exhaust systems for other cars in the past and made them work. They are pretty decent set ups for the price. Anyone know if they are still for sale online? I don't see them on Ebay anymore. Preferably in the USA. Shipping sucks enough to Alaska.

zaluss

JRWperformance":eyc07x5t said:
I remember seeing a bunch of the "OBX" or other brand name 3 inch exhausts for the st185 all over ebay. I've gotten a few of these exhaust systems for other cars in the past and made them work. They are pretty decent set ups for the price. Anyone know if they are still for sale online? I don't see them on Ebay anymore. Preferably in the USA. Shipping sucks enough to Alaska.

I noticed the same thing. I bought one from 'Speed Daddy' and it fitment was fantastic for my ST165. All the sellers seem to have no longer stocked them.

We could probably do a group buy from Alibaba as the min order is 10 :)

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 0.0.2WeVO0

Nobody

I'd be down for a group buy. What would the cost breakdown be?

I want to do a 3 inch exhaust with a cut out. Right now I'm running open downpipe. Sounds fuckin amazing, but it makes my ears ring at low rpm in the neighborhoods. Plus there's no way in hell to take a phone call in the car without pulling over and shutting her down.

MisterKrazee

I'm certainly interested in this as well. I actually ordered one off eBay a while ago and the seller said the company they order them from didn't have any in stock. I never heard back from the seller so don't think they ever got any in. Might not be in production anymore so a group buy would be a good idea.

zaluss

ChrisD":32epq2rl said:
That exhaust is still available from SS Autochrome. Just be warned that the twin tip is actually quite restrictive. http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1484

There are a few ways to get cat back systems, however it seems that midpipes are no longer available anywhere.

Unfortunately SS Autochrome wants $350+shipping for the same exhaust on ebay that was $299 free shipping :crazy:

That said, you could probably just have a shop chop off the end and fit a larger exhaust if you wanted.

In terms of group buy, I'm not sure how we would do that. Alibaba (and the company in China) would just bulk ship to someone and they would have to ship it out. Not effective unless someone had a business to do it.

Il_Barone

I bought a complete stainless steel exhaust system (downpipe + exhaust) from an UK dealer for less than 400€.

I'm planning to install it on my car in the next weeks.

It seems well finished.

esracing

I have the twin tip exhaust is not restrictive I did a chassis dyno with system closed. Then opened the 3-inch cutout and it was only A4 horsepower gain 4 foot pound torque loss

Yeah I noticed this recently also. I need a cheap exhaust because I have to cut and modify the rear section to fit the Camry. WHY!?!? Now watch all used exhaust prices double. Where can you buy cheap 3 inch pre-bent pieces? I got the downpipe and midpipe on and its even louder than just the downpipe was because it just reverbs the cab now. It is louder at 2K rpm than any sound system I ever had, I need to drive with ear protection. And I drive to work at 5:30 in the morning... everyone around here loves me. I have the tail section for this SSAutochrome exhaust but it fits the 185 perfectly I don't want to chop it and have to find another for the 185 when its ready.... I only paid 275 shipped when I bought mine and it came WITH the downpipe. :shrug:

CMS-GT4

I have my 2.5" stars mig catback piping for sale if someone wants to buy a muffler and make their own exhaust.

clayton351

I'm really curious to see how well this fits. I have a decent catback but it's all welded together and to a stock midpipe. Thought about just making a good midpipe and maybe even setting up to sell a few