ATX CS.

760gt4

This makes me want to go home and finish my new swap even more. I also bought a turbosmart but the e-boost street, I'm curious to know what psi i was running into my previous setup since I never had a working boost gauge.

CSAlltrac

Since the car has been done now for about a month I finally got to take part in a track weekend at the F1 Circuit. Made very good power with 101 octane and 15LBS. I was able to put pressure on a lot of cars in the corners, a few of them very fast cars. To be fair though I was on slicks, they allowed me to put a lot of power down in the technical sections. The car is SO much more solid than it has ever been, I took part in 10 sessions and the car performed awesome, Ive said it before but I should have done the Gen4 swap years ago.
Next on the list is brakes, they are by far the weakest point of the car now. Heres a video of one of my sessions, I dont start driving the car till about halfway through the out lap. The slicks dont do well when cold. I also dont push the car in the straights, they are extremely long in a lower horsepower car. Im hoping they start doing short course days soon. If youre on Instagram I posted a lot of pics from the weekend, my username is the same as it is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ZKq40sTjQ

88st165

No issues with oiling like the gen 1/2 engine? I haven't found any information that states that the oiling system is up to par for track driving though I might not have been looking in the right place. I am hesitant to take my car back to the track bc I cant afford to damage the st215 engine at the moment like i did with my original gen 1.

CSAlltrac

88st165":2b6t3ddt said:
No issues with oiling like the gen 1/2 engine? I haven't found any information that states that the oiling system is up to par for track driving though I might not have been looking in the right place. I am hesitant to take my car back to the track bc I cant afford to damage the st215 engine at the moment like i did with my original gen 1.
The Gen3 and 4 engine have zero oiling issues with the two piece pan. Track away!!

88st165

Thanks! I can't wait to get my swap done too! I just got my harness back from wiregap. Going to try and make it look a bit better with some braided loom or something like you did. It still looks like a 25yr old harness lol.

P.s what tires were you running in the video?

Locker

88st165":1nk88h69 said:
Thanks! I can't wait to get my swap done too! I just got my harness back from wiregap. Going to try and make it look a bit better with some braided loom or something like you did. It still looks like a 25yr old harness lol.

P.s what tires were you running in the video?

I just got my harness back from Doug as well! I opened the box all excited to see my fancy new harness only to not be able to tell he did anything to it. Just looks like a harness. I'm very happy with the results and can't wait to put it on.... Maybe he should start offering a premium service where he fanny's it up a bit

CSAlltrac

Doug is all about what works. He makes his harnesses so they are factory looking. The factory didn't use any fancy webbing or heat shrink and they last for decades. Any material like that will have to be added by the owner.
I was on BF Goodrich R1 Slicks at the track.

fastrax203

The Green MR2 on the WireGap website is my old car. That car was powered by a Gen4 too. I've had Doug do two harnesses for me and they've always been turn key ready. Absolutely love his work. He stands behind it too. I had a strange running issue with my second harness but he troubleshot the car with me for a couple hours over the phone until we narrowed it down to a dented ECU case (yeah, crazy lol). I've got my '90 ST185 now and I contemplate if I should swap out the ST205 WRC swap the car has in it now for an ST215 swap. The Gen4 has such faster response by comparison that it's kinda sad. The power band is so much more broad on the Gen4 than the Gen3.

CSAlltrac

Went for a nice long drive in her today. Me and the wife went exploring, its insane that we have lived in Austin for almost 4 years now and still have not seen much. We will be doing more of these for sure. We plan to get a big TX map and pin the areas we have seen. Its SO nice to be able to rely on the car again, weather it be at the F1 circuit or just a Sunday drive. Its an absolute riot too, responsive, great power, smooth delivery.
Heres a few shots of our day. We stumbled upon an extremely nice neighborhood (the type dreams are made of) and I couldnt resist to get a glimpse into the world that could be. I also linked the listing just for kicks, you can see why its dream land.
http://downtownaustinblog.org/idx/mls-7 ... n_tx_78746

CSAlltrac

Took part in another track weekend at Circuit of the Americas a couple weekends ago. Car ran amazing again, this is seriously the best setup I have ever had for the car. The Gen4 is a flawless performer that delivers excellent torque and power. Excited to start focusing on other aspects of the car for a change. Next will be brakes, currently on the hunt for a clean set of Porsche Brembos. After that I will do some fixed back buckets in the car with a harness bar and harnesses. Finally I will eventually do ST20X side skirts and figure out a front lip.
Here is the link to some footage. Had the GoPro mounted to my helmet, I also have windshield footage that I will post up as well. Excuse the terrible narratives provided by me and my good friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSIEE46 ... e=youtu.be

88st165

Awesome! Great to hear that the engine is holding up to track abuse especially on a high speed high g track like that with r comps. What are you running for brakes currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSAlltrac

88st165":31mv2hl9 said:
Awesome! Great to hear that the engine is holding up to track abuse especially on a high speed high g track like that with r comps. What are you running for brakes currently?

Currently only have EBC Yellow stuff in stock brakes. They are next on the list, once I have confidence with my brakes I'm guessing I'll be a couple seconds quicker. The brakes are THE biggest weakness on track, stock brakes suck ass.

88st165

CSAlltrac":3ftpvdyn said:
Currently only have EBC Yellow stuff in stock brakes. They are next on the list, once I have confidence with my brakes I'm guessing I'll be a couple seconds quicker. The brakes are THE biggest weakness on track, stock brakes suck ass.

Darn that sucks to hear the stock ones aren't even the slightest bit ok haha. My plan was to "upgrade" my 165 brakes to the 185 setup and run carbotech xp12/10 and hopefully that would work for a while. I wouldn't be happy if I burned up $400 worth of pads in a single track day. I run on a local track that is known for being one of the worst on brakes. Looking forward to what you decide for brakes. [emoji41]

CSAlltrac

88st165":1nu8o5th said:
CSAlltrac":1nu8o5th said:

Darn that sucks to hear the stock ones aren't even the slightest bit ok haha. My plan was to "upgrade" my 165 brakes to the 185 setup and run carbotech xp12/10 and hopefully that would work for a while. I wouldn't be happy if I burned up $400 worth of pads in a single track day. I run on a local track that is known for being one of the worst on brakes. Looking forward to what you decide for brakes. [emoji41]

Im going with the Porsche setup with STI front rotors, already have the brackets. Then ST205 rears, havent decided on pads yet since Ill actually have options.

CSAlltrac

Pretty big update for the car, finally hustled up enough to get my brakes. I had a lot of ideas of what direction I wanted to go but in the end I wanted a bolt on kit that was offered off shelf. Really did not like that all DIY options had some flaw. Anyways, went with K-Sport and do NOT regret it one bit. Went with the 14" kit with 8 pot calipers in Black. Wanted a color that wouldn't change after being baked at the F1 Curcuit. Their kits are all forged one piece calipers now with two piece rotors. Went with the race pad option so now the car makes awesome school bus sounds. Initial impression is "HOLY FU**" I have yet to track them but will in December. Petal is a bit softer but has insane power now. All my wheels fit thank god but I did have to pull off all the wheel weights, there's about a credit cards clearance. Onto the photos!