Pricey spherical bushing alternative?

MWP

Hrm, cant say im a fan of resizing the ring like that.
Its very very easy to go too far, and end up with the bearing not being tight enough... then you need a new hub.

I did it without having to resize the bearing housing ring. It wasn't easy, but it worked, and its the way i would do it again.

First i took the end rubber seals off the new bearings.
I then put the bearings in the freezer, and heated the ring with a blow torch to expand its size a little.
Then i pressed in the new bearings using a 2-arm bearing puller pressing a large socket on the bearing (using the socket meant i was pressing on the outer case of the bearing, not on the centre bearing which would damage it).
Once pressed in, i packed in a little more grease then put the rubber seals back on. Done.

Taking the hubs off and doing it with a proper hydraulic press may end up being easier... would certainly curse at it less anyway.

___Scott___

MWP":2z2f8g0o said:
Hrm, cant say im a fan of resizing the ring like that.
Its very very easy to go too far, and end up with the bearing not being tight enough... then you need a new hub.
I can't say that I disagree, just that it's the way I did it. It is possible to shrink the ring without needing to replace the hub, but that's also something easily screwed up so I won't give anyone any crazy ideas.

Mad Mike

How are these aftermarket bushings working after a few months? Can't decide on OEM or these. Price difference is huge!