Greeting from Alberta, Canda

Alltracbilly

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and bumped into this forum when searching for a 90-93 Celica Alltrac. I am a loyal Toyota fan and always love the 80 and 90 style Celica's and Supra's. I owned 83 and 86 Celica GTS in my younger years. I look forwards in chatting with other members.

Cheers
Bill

ChrisD

Hi Bill! Where in Alberta are you? Still on the hunt for one? Looking for a left hand drive car specifically, or considering imports?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Alltracbilly

Thanks for the greetings guys.

Hi Chris, I am in Edmonton. Still looking for a 90-93 Alltrac without major motor work and rust damage. Prefer left hand drive but will also consider imports.

So far I only saw one Canadian 90 Alltrac in Calgary few weeks ago. The owner took it to a shop for a engine swap from a Gen 6 Jdm 3sgte but the shop unfortunately closed down for business so the motor swap was not complete. The engine harness is missing, it needed custom work for the intercooler and the whole dash needs to be reassembled. I am sure other parts are missing too. It also needed body work, paint, brakes and tires. He is asking for $1500 but the work that is required is way out of my comfort zone plus I don't want go thru the headache on sourcing out the missing parts.

I am also considering importing from the States but it could very expensive with the low Canadian dollars plus all the taxes and fees.

Bill

TheNubkins

Hey there Bill, and welcome. I wish you luck in the search for the right car for you. I was picky with mine and ended up getting it from New York State back almost 10 years ago now. Luckily our dollar was higher at the time, but even still I would consider paying more to bring one across if it's in really good condition. With these cars you get what you pay for I've found, and with really mint examples commanding a premium. If I hear of any coming up for sale, regardless of condition, I'll be sure to let you know. If you find one you'll see that there are a lot of great people in Edmonton and Calgary(well, mostly Calgary) with these cars. Tight knit little community and everyone helps out when they can. Again, welcome! :)

Alltracbilly

Thanks TheNublins! I don't so lonely now. :D

I see a few 90 Alltrac's with over 180,000 miles for sale on US Craigslist sites. They range from $6500 to $7500 USD. What do you think of these?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5867503552.html
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5845276576.html
http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/5831105608.html

What are common issues of 90-93 Alltrac's to look out for? From what I've read in this forum, broken tach, check engine light, ABS light, rusty rockers are some of the common issues.

ChrisD

Alltracbilly":1zao04ib said:
Thanks for the greetings guys.

Hi Chris, I am in Edmonton. Still looking for a 90-93 Alltrac without major motor work and rust damage. Prefer left hand drive but will also consider imports.

So far I only saw one Canadian 90 Alltrac in Calgary few weeks ago. The owner took it to a shop for a engine swap from a Gen 6 Jdm 3sgte but the shop unfortunately closed down for business so the motor swap was not complete. The engine harness is missing, it needed custom work for the intercooler and the whole dash needs to be reassembled. I am sure other parts are missing too. It also needed body work, paint, brakes and tires. He is asking for $1500 but the work that is required is way out of my comfort zone plus I don't want go thru the headache on sourcing out the missing parts.

I am also considering importing from the States but it could very expensive with the low Canadian dollars plus all the taxes and fees.

Bill

I know the person that bought that car. With everything that came with it, it was a very good deal. Left hand drive cars in Canada are extremely rare at this point, so if that's what you're after the US might be the best option. However, if you can grab a JDM car and don't mind the right hand drive (it's really not that big of a deal), you should be able to find one in with lower miles and potentially better overall condition. But they are becoming more rare as well.

Or if you'd be looking at an ST205, I'll be listing mine soon...however I won't likely price it on the lower end.