The ST185 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

Quark

Hi guys..

10x17 et30 rear (spacer?)

8.5x17 et30 front (spacer? )

Can I make these wheels fit? Will roll fenders.

soarer.jzz30

So far I've got full lockout and no rub at all, took awhile to adjust and roll/pull the fenders to make it work,
As mentioned before they are ;
18x10 (+12)
It isn't lowered much tbh, maybe 2 inches so everything sits nice.
I will likely go 245/40 next set of tires so I can get another inch drop.

On some trash Chinese tires atm just to get the fit right and while it sits waiting for another swap I figure I'd get it closer to done.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

freddie

What about the plastic guard liners?

My front wheels do not rub on the guards, but rub on the plastic guard liners when cornering hard and a bump. The ares is where the liner curves from horizontal to vertical and fits onto the steel guard.

So what do you do?
a) Remove and throw away the plastic liner?
b) Cut and modify the liner some how?
c) Don't worry about it, ignore the noise it makes when it rubs and wait for the tire to rub a hole through it? lol

xbeatxdownx

CSAlltrac":15ssi0e1 said:
xbeatxdownx":15ssi0e1 said:
Can anyone identify this wheel and tire set up for me?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rS355nhNeMA/U ... r-sale.jpg

Thanks!
That car was on bring a trailer not too long ago. Search "Celica" on that site and you will find the car. Should have some more pics. They look like a compomitive or a Sparco wheel.

That's actually where I ran across the picture in the first place. Reverse google imaged it and so fourth, but didn't have too much luck locating any information on it (the seller posted about ten words when trying to sell it).

While looking at the compomitive site, it looks like the probably came from them, but tire size is more what I like on it.

Thanks for your help.

sprocke7

Hey guys,

New here and I've tried my best to read and find the answers before posting about fitment and found no definitive answer.

Will 17x9 [+35mm] wheel size clear front and rear? What tires specs would fit without rubbing?

ST185 Freak

Hi!

Will 17x9 +25 without spacers work in the rear?
I´ll mount 235/40R17 on them.
Fenders are minimal tilted, TEIN SuperStreet already is mounted (35mm lowered to stock).

Hope for answer, I already bought them :smokes:

jr32

Question on tire fitment options for the following size wheels on an ST185 All-Trac:
17x8 35et, set of 4

Variables:
-Stock suspension, stock brakes
-I do not want to roll my fenders
-I would prefer not to add wheel spacers (unless it was functionally necessary)
-this will be a street car used as a semi daily driver, driven on some nice twisty back roads
-I want the tires to be All-Season, as I will be driving the car in the rain and in the cold in Wisconsin (not sure if I will take a 27 year old rust free underbody out in the snow and salt yet)

From what I have read in this thread the following tire size should fit without rubbing and without modifications:
225/45R17

Would I be able to fit either of the following tire sizes without modifications?:
235/45R17
245/40R17

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

aus jd 2703

235/45 and 245/40 would drive like a boat i suspect. think they are for 9" rims
i run 215's on my 185 with plenty of clearance but i do have coil-overs, not that the tyres are close to the coil-overs.
215's for that rim maybe 225's but from memory your rolling diameter goes out the window.

jr32

underscore and MWP:
-what are the offsets of your 17x8 wheels?
-do your 245 and 235/45/17 tires fit without wheel spacers or rolling your fenders?
-are you on stock suspension?