The Definitive Water Outlet Thread

Caconman424

I'm still very new to Alltracs and celicas in general, but here is a case in point that some research can really help you.

This is a descriptive thread about the ST185's 3SGTE water outlet assembly and sensors, which includes pictures and where you can still buy the water outlet assembly (god willingly with these cars. Having only a few thousand ever brought to the USA and being 20 years old always makes it tough for finding OEM parts), and other information that may be useful.

First off, I want to say, the water outlet assembly has many different names, none of which are it's definite name, but mean the same thing.
These names include:
Water Neck
Water Tree
Coolant Neck
Coolant Tree
And the water outlet (according to oem descriptions, this is the correct name for the assembly, but be careful, if you google water outlet for this car or look for it on ebay, it will mostly bring what look like thermostat housings.)

Pictures of the water outlet assembly with all the sensors installed along with descriptions:

31f26198-1.jpg

74ccd307.jpg

c55117f0.jpg

41b9900e.jpg

f0d9cdc2.jpg

Where to buy:

Water Outlet Assembly (part number - 16304-88383)

Where to buy and price:
Site:Villagetoyotaparts.com
Price: $66.71
Direct link to item on site:
http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/showA ... lYear=1991

Site:Toyotapartszone.com
Price: $61.15
Direct link to item on site:
http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/toyo ... 88383.html

underscore

Thanks for the info, now I know what all those are for. I never would have guessed that the one that was broken was for the cold start injector

Pechin0351

Hi, the thing you are calling a TVSV I believe is actually along the lines of a BVSV(it is for the charcoal canister system and not found on JDM motors. The TVSV is for your induction system and generally found on the back of the motor near your TVIS stuff... The TVSV (I believe is turbo vacuum switching valve) hooks between vacuum and your turbos stock wastegate actuator...

phattyduck

Also, what you call the "Temperature Gauge Sensor" is the "Water Temperature Sender"

The general rule is "sensor" is for an ECU/computer, "sender" is for a gauge.

-Charlie

CMS-GT4

Is the plug that goes to the ac water temp also gray? What section of the harness does it come off of?

alltracman78

AC temp sensor is for pre revision cars only. Post revision doesn't have it.

Pechin0351":2zud6e01 said:
Hi, the thing you are calling a TVSV I believe is actually along the lines of a BVSV(it is for the charcoal canister system and not found on JDM motors. The TVSV is for your induction system and generally found on the back of the motor near your TVIS stuff... The TVSV (I believe is turbo vacuum switching valve) hooks between vacuum and your turbos stock wastegate actuator...

It is a TVV. Thermal Vacuum Valve; operated by heat. JDM uses a VSV.
The other is just a VSV.

jodomo

by any chance do you know the part number for the temperature switch for the a/c, do i really need it?

Il_Barone

alltracman78":3ghvdwc2 said:
It is a TVV. Thermal Vacuum Valve; operated by heat. JDM uses a VSV.
The other is just a VSV.

Is this in the red circle?

Toyota code 9092505068

15czof4.jpg

I've broked it yesterday installing the tranny :cry: