89 st165 restoration and upgrade

GriptionGT4

Been after this particular 165 for a few years and finally got it. Has a 185 engine and trans with a 205 a/w intercooler. Walbro 255. Small list of things i need to replace. Hood, both fenders, grill piece and passenger light cover. Need to find oem fog lights. And i need new struts.

For the performance aspect. I ordered the ecumaster det3 piggyback ecu with a boost control solenid. I have a set of rev3 540cc injectors. The clutch will need to be replaced im sure. And from what i understand the engine will have to come out. Ill address the turbo and manifold then. If i can find a clean looking aftermarket manifold that will allow the use of a stock flange turbo. Havent decided between a 57trim ct26 (more top end and a little more lag) or the ct20b. (Quicker spool and more low to mid power). 300whp is where id be happy. I have a Mk3 supra for my high horsepower needs.

If someone could point me to the area where i could post for parts to buy that would be great!

Thanks for your time!

puppet623

I recommend a 20B just cause the much quicker response but welcome and happy Tracing :). Can't help you with parts though.

Tomas

GriptionGT4":kwmvr1il said:
Been after this particular 165 for a few years and finally got it. Has a 185 engine and trans with a 205 a/w intercooler. Walbro 255. Small list of things i need to replace. Hood, both fenders, grill piece and passenger light cover. Need to find oem fog lights. And i need new struts.

For the performance aspect. I ordered the ecumaster det3 piggyback ecu with a boost control solenid. I have a set of rev3 540cc injectors. The clutch will need to be replaced im sure. And from what i understand the engine will have to come out. Ill address the turbo and manifold then. If i can find a clean looking aftermarket manifold that will allow the use of a stock flange turbo. Havent decided between a 57trim ct26 (more top end and a little more lag) or the ct20b. (Quicker spool and more low to mid power). 300whp is where id be happy. I have a Mk3 supra for my high horsepower needs.

If someone could point me to the area where i could post for parts to buy that would be great!

Thanks for your time!
I can probably help you with some of the parts you need, pm me a list of what you need. Just curious, what made you go with the ecu master det 3, i am thinking of getting the EMU for my ride.

regards,
Tomas

GriptionGT4

I didnt want to get a full on standalone. And honestly i was gonna use the safc so i could run 540cc from a gen3. I was actually shopping for the emu for my supra and i saw the tab for the piggybacks. I looked at it and has a crap ton of features including modifying the maf signal so you can eliminate the maf meter and the det3 has a built in 2.5 bar map sensor. It was only $420.

GT4_DRED

GriptionGT4":32j7csag said:

Thanks for your time!
Marketplace > Parts Wanted..

Any pics of the car?