The ST185 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

MWP

Ok, so mine are the OZ Racing Chronos 17x8 +35 with 235/40/17 (sorry, i said 235/45/17 before, that was a mistake).
Tyres are 595RSRR so have quite a wide square shoulder.

5mm spacer on the front, 25mm spacer on the rear.
3.5deg camber on the front, 2.5 on the rear.
Front and rear are rolled (probably dont need to be at the moment for these wheels/tyres, there is heaps of room).
Stock suspension... far from it.

https://s23.postimg.org/bzepnd7rf/15723 ... 6125_o.jpg
15723575_1835984573354110_6917004199014096125_o.jpg

underscore

jr32":1s2oeqds said:
underscore and MWP:
-what are the offsets of your 17x8 wheels? 45, which is really high for these cars
-do your 245 and 235/45/17 tires fit without wheel spacers or rolling your fenders? I've got 245/40R17, Kuhmo SPT. Because of the high offset of my rims I have 8mm front/35mm rear spacers if memory serves. The rear fenders are rolled but I don't think they need to be, they weren't before with thinner spacers. 25mm of the spacer width is just to compensate for the narrower track width in the rear and make the rear tire to fender gap similar to the front.
-are you on stock suspension? Lowered ~1.5" on coilovers. On stock suspension I had tons of clearance but the wheels hit in the rear from the high offset (without spacers).

The net result of my wheels + spacers is effectively 17x8 et 37 front, 17x8 et 10 rear.

jr32

Thank you for the information. Makes me confident that I can fit my 17x8 +35 wheels with either:
235/45R17
245/40R17

Inspect the fitment, and add a 25mm rear spacer if there is any rubbing.

spid1005

Hello, i own an Carlos Sainz ST185(everything stock) and i dont like how rear wheels are put "inside", and i want them to look like here:
http://www.gt-four.pl/gfx/175/toyot...-twin-turbo-tte-oz-racing-wheels-celica-3.jpg
These are: 18x7,5/offset:35 with 5mm spacers

I want to buy: Japan Racing JR11 White
Will: 17x8,25/offset:35 or 16x8/offset:25 fit? Which ones should i get(if at least one of them fits)? Any suggestions? (i don't want to use spacers)

underscore

If you don't want the rears to be sunken in like stock you'll either need 205 arms, spacers, or get rear wheels with 25mm less offset than the fronts.

msanders2

jr32":1k76gsn5 said:
Thank you for the information. Makes me confident that I can fit my 17x8 +35 wheels with either:
235/45R17
245/40R17

Inspect the fitment, and add a 25mm rear spacer if there is any rubbing.

You absolutely can. I run 17x9 +35 (25mm spacer in the rear) with 255/40/17 front and rear. Stock suspension. I would have to roll if I lowered the car. I could probably get away with a 1" drop without rolling the fenders. But the wheels sit flush.

lalojamesliz1

My turn :)
I need new tires and I wanted new wheels because I don't see many tire options for my 16x7 wheels and they just look too small of a wheel to me on the rear.
I wanted same size wheels that would fit as closes as to the flush look for the front and rear without rubbing and without rolling the fenders if possible ( ill roll them if needed) with stock brakes and suspension (koni adj. rear inserts and kyb front inserts)
I really wanted to avoid spacers if possible.
I tried reading through a lot of the 82 pages on this thread but I didn't see much help for my question.
I'd like some 17" wheels so I can avoid anything less than a 40 series tire. I see some potholes sometimes while driving and this isn't a light car.....I'd really appreciate some help on my search and I'm really not trying to sound too damn picky lol
Any suggestions guys? Thank you guys

FC Zach

So you want proper offsets front and rear to do without your spacers? Are you widebody? What about the wheel width? And are you wanting to stay 7" wide all around or are you wanting them staggered?

lalojamesliz1

FC Zach":rss9xgiv said:
So you want proper offsets front and rear to do without your spacers? Are you widebody? What about the wheel width? And are you wanting to stay 7" wide all around or are you wanting them staggered?

Is it possible without spacers? I just want to be able to do a proper tire rotation to get the best tire life so I didn't want to go staggered I was thinking 8" wheels but whatever fits at the best offset.
Aren't all st185's widebody?

Attachments

• rps20180228_135542.jpg
    rps20180228_135542.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 3,662

underscore

Not all 185's are widebody, some are narrowbody. For a widebody the rears will sit 1" in from the fenders compared to the fronts if the wheels have the same specs.

FC Zach

lalojamesliz1":ptw16yx6 said:
Is it possible without spacers?
Sure but the problem you'll run into is finding a wheel that you like with the specs you want. . . You could always do bespoke wheels (like CCW) but that's a bit of money that route.

I just want to be able to do a proper tire rotation to get the best tire life so I didn't want to go staggered I was thinking 8" wheels but whatever fits at the best offset.
In this case (for practical reasons), I would select a width and offset to suite the front and keep a spacer/adapter for the rear to compensate for the extra body width.

Aren't all st185's widebody?
What ^he said :)

lalojamesliz1

Let's just say I got spacers for the rear.... What size spacers and wheel offset do you guys think would look decent? I'm thinking of selling my 87 yota pickup and I'm getting some cash from some things but I can't spend a lot on wheels and tires. bills and stuff :(
I'm tempted to just get tires but I need something different and so I can have more tire options
17x8 with 35 offset sould be ok right? I get worried the tires will rub if I have rear passengers and I go over a bump or jump the car :)

Old thread, but just thought I would post what my son has on one of his All-Tracs - and everything fits and looks great:

- Wheels: Compomotive TH1781, 17x8.0 size, 5x100 bolt hole pattern, 35mm offset
- Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, 245/40ZR17
- Spacers: H&R 3025541, 15mm thickness, 5x100 bolt hole pattern (for rear only)

Clears the factory rear strut and no issue with the fender opening.

By chance would a 18x9.5 +38 offset fit on a 1990 alltrac?

Mix up with companies when ordered and I have 2 sets of gramlight 57dr. There a perfect offset for my brz but was wondering if they would fit my alltrac before I send back the other set.

What's the bolt hole pattern on them? Also, what size tires are you thinking? No doubt you will need spacers. I think your width of the wheel (9") would require a pretty wide tire, and with the amount of spacer width you'll need, you will be out beyond your rear quarter fender roll lip wheel opening.

5x100 lug pattern.
On the 9.5" wheel I'm gonna run 245 on my brz. So I figured the same size tire since it would be a little bit of a stretch but not the stance look.

Mr Alltrac":a2ih2e0b said:
5x100 lug pattern.
On the 9.5" wheel I'm gonna run 245 on my brz. So I figured the same size tire since it would be a little bit of a stretch but not the stance look.
P245/xxR18: What are the "xx"? That is pretty important to understand tire diameter.