back to Toyota, back to GT-Four (MY'96 ST205)

eddie_gt4

Hi guys and girls!
Maybe somebody remembers me and my blue ex-ST185 (unfortunately many pics are lost on imageshack - don't want pay them! :shoots: )

After almost 10 years and owning different cars, mostly turbo-Subaru's, I'm back into GT-Four game 8)

Now I own black MY'96 ST205 (from Switzerland, one owner in 21 years!)

Here's my baby :D

eddie_gt4

Thank you, guys! I was monitoring market of LHD ST205's for some time, prices went up in recent years... But with certain luck it's still possible to get one for reasonable money :smokes:

All-tracDreams":f8qouqvc said:
Beautiful cars! Also, nice avatar :wink:

Again - thanks, I have this avatar from 2006 :wink:

Corey

Welcome back!!

I loved your old car, great to see you with another Four again, that 205 is mint!

eddie_gt4

Corey, thanks! Your car is also lovely and those OZ wheels are stunning :)

btw, my OZ's are also on the way to me (they are 7x16 ET30, I'll use them as winter setup)

eddie_gt4

I was in Lithuania for short vacations - I went through the very first MOT and registered my ST205 :smokes:

It needs some love and care, but what a great ride it is!

you can see my dad's Land Cruiser - it's also from 1996 :p

the very first mod from to my GT-Four (it came from Bulgaria)

and test-fitted my new summer wheels (they are forged 7.5x17 ET30 from Russia)

eddie_gt4

underscore":33mbw8vg said:
So you've got two pairs of wheels that have the same specs and appearance but are different makes?
The first set - classic/old-school "16 OZ Crono's for winter, the second - brand new "17 forged wheels (called Slik L-703) made by order in Russia for summer

I just like simple 5-spoked wheels, what can I do? :D

eddie_gt4

new portion of old-school wheels... I just couldn't resist these beauties :D (it seems they were dedicated to GT-Four)

8x16 ET38 CB 54,1

7x16 ET35 CB 54,1

I do hope they clear front brakes :twisted:

eddie_gt4

some bits :D

I just LOVE old-school... can't stop :shrug: :doh: :lol:
freshly repainted...

8x16 ET38

7x16 ET30

8x17 ET35

8x17 ET35 (multi-PCD 5x100 / 5x114,3)

eddie_gt4

Corey":3fc9dzww said:
So many wheels to choose from! which ones will you be using?

One set for hard winter (OZ Crono 7x16 ET30 + soft-rubber Nokian's 205/55-16), one for autumn/spring transition season (6-spoke Speedline 7x16 ET35 + hard-rubber Nokian's 205/55-16), the third set for summer (5-spoke forged Sliks 7,5x17 ET30 + Firestone SZ90 225/45-17)

The 4th set of 6-spoke OEM wheels + 225/45-16 Yokohama semi-sliks for track days

I must be totally crazy/retarted but I recently also have bought some nice 6-spoke 8x18 ET38 wheels (GTZ Corse) that I'm planing to use for "show-off" during some meets, etc. :crazy:

lalojamesliz1

Very nice! :)
I didn't know they make LHD st205's :D ..... just the other day I was showing a st205 to my friend at work and he told me I would have to convert it to LHD if I wanted to register it so I can drive it (California thing) and my hopes of owning one went down the crapper.
Now I'm happy again

eddie_gt4

wheels for autumn / spring (Speedline 7x16 ET35 + 205/55-16 Nokian WR A3)

installed used 2,5" exhaust from UK (Mongoose / Scorpion?)

I've also installed de-cat from BLITZ

I like the new sound of my ST205 (not too loud)
But I forgot how is difficult to work on this car... :oops: