3sgte rev2 with 540cc rev3 injectors?

Snake19888

Hello, can the rev2 ecu handle rev3 540cc injectors?

I run a blitz access upgrade ecu also and much other specs like ct20b turbocharger, rev3 mls head gasket, downpipe and 3" exhaust, hks intake, 3sge cams...

My question is, does it run with 540cc injectors or does it over rich to much? And does the car start and idle with the injectors?

aus jd 2703

Won't run and if it even starts it certainly won't run well. Effectively it will be about 20% richer which is a lot.
Either get an after market ecu or swap back injectors

Snake19888

Does the idle not regulate by lambda to afr 14,7?
If its running rich under boost thats no problem, i could regulate it with safc?

Not i run with upgrade ct20b turbo and blitz acess ecu with 0,9bar pressure an afr arround 12,5/12,6.. if it wil run under boost. With mls head gasket i would also change boost to 1-1,1bar and thats to much for the 430cc injectors..
I also run 100octane and a WAES System.

mx6er2587

I ran 550 supra injectors with a completely stock ecu for years on a GT30r turbo. I had to bump up the idle to ~1200 RPM to make it happy but ran fine otherwise

Snake19888

Thanks, thats good to hear.

I think i can also compensate much with the shitty Air Flow Meter because you can set the spring and adjust the overflow air :)

Al other i can do with safc i think.

mx6er2587

be careful using an SAFC on these cars. Altering the airflow signal will cause timing changes in addition to fuel changes.

Pulling back on the fuel could add an undesirable amount of timing. Not that you can't use an SAFC, just be cautious.

Snake19888

Thanks for the info. I know that, therefore i hope thats not that much i have to lean it out so that the timing dosent change that much.

underscore

I'd stick to whatever specs the ECU is configured for, which could be different from the stock setup. I'd suggest measuring your AFRs to see if you're running lean or rich and go from there.

Snake19888

Yes i have a wideband lambda to messure the afr.

Wirh stock injectors i have at idle arround 15,2-15,5
While driving slow without boost 14,6 - 15,3
And while driving with 0,9bar boost its 12,4-12,6 (with WAES 50/50 on!)
Amd driving with only a little throttle so that boost is only arround 0,3bar its 13,0-13,5

I will see how it does with 540cc injectors..

Ckhughes

I am very keen to see how this goes. Forged my 3sgte rev2 mr2. I just dropped on a 20b and 540 rev3 injectors would love to know how it runs on the earlier ecu

aus jd 2703

Can't believe dodgie stuff like this seems like a good idea.
Get an after market ecu and tune it. Not worth grenading a forged engine in my mind.
Plus gen 2 ecus plan suck for mid range