Installed Boost Controller, Disconnected VSV, cant get >7psi

ciron156

Hey All,

The other day i was playing with my boost controller and 1st and 2nd gear were boosting really well but i was getting fuel cut on 3rd and 4th gear.
I read online that this was caused by the Turbo VSV and that the easiest way to fix it was to disconnect the hose and then plug both ends (the one on the wastegate and the metal tube on the other end).
So i did that (i just removed one end of the hose that was there, clogged it with a screw and clamp, and then put on another bit of hose to the other side which is also clogged) and it doesnt have any leaks.

So i tested the car around the block a couple times boosting in 2nd and 3rd gear and i cant seem to get over 7psi
I know that the boost controller as working as before the VSV line was clogged it was running 12psi in 2nd gear.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

underscore

So you capped off the line going to the wastegate? That will let you only run up to wastegate pressure in all gears. Read the boost controller install guide.

ciron156

underscore":3c1tgskd said:
So you capped off the line going to the wastegate? That will let you only run up to wastegate pressure in all gears. Read the boost controller install guide.

Yeah so the wastegate and the line going to the VSV is blocked.
The other wastegate pipe is still open and is connect to the boost controller and then back to the turbo.

Is this right?
Or do i just block the VSV side and the wastegate side open?

underscore

That sounds correct, what is your boost controller set to? It sounds like it may not be set above the wastegate pressure or that it is malfunctioning. For your original problem, disconnecting the TVSV will not disable fuel cut, that is a different system.