intercooler life line

darthripley

I've had the ARC & now have the ST205 WTA ... honestly there is no comparison between the 2 units.

The ARC is an improvement over the stock A2A TMIC, but if you live in a climate where ambient temps get above 90F then it's just as useless as the stock interheater.

I put in some Water Wetter into the ST205 core & it works like a champ. Of course it gets hot too as it sits right over the motor, but I don't notice the heatsoak as badly as the ARC.

So from my experience, I'd put the ARC/Bay Area under the stock 185 A2A, then the ST185 CS WTA.

This is a good reference thread though for those new to the car & looking for OEM I/C mods.

Brad.Miller

Well just spent a few hours installing this guy.....

It's heavy seem to be very well built, did I waste my time?

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMS-GT4

A look at the fun density inside the core might add some insight. I have a feeling you will need a fan to help with heatsoak and consider a way to seal it tightly with the air scoop. Running air intake temps will be the best way to know for sure.

Il_Barone

CMS-GT4":c57py1aq said:
A look at the fun density inside the core might add some insight. I have a feeling you will need a fan to help with heatsoak and consider a way to seal it tightly with the air scoop. Running air intake temps will be the best way to know for sure.
Would there be enough space between the TMIC + fan and the hood?

Brad.Miller

Not much room left, I will be able to use some foam and get a good seal.

Hopefully it's better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk