Where is my old car?

mike325ci

Hey, does any of the more frequent guys on this forum know what happened to my old '88 ST165? I told the buyer of my old car to come here and register and stuff, I don't recall seeing him here... So I'm just wondering where my old car is. Maybe it's still here on Long Island...?

Frame #002536
VIN JT2ST68MXJ0002536
Photos: http://www.mchoi.com/go/carpix/celica_photo_shoot/

TEAMFaint

Wait you mean you owned a car that wasnt teal!
:wink:
Looks gorgeous. Hope its still on the road lookin as clean as you kept it!

Letze

Thats actually the first ST165 I saw in my life

And as far as Google is concerned it represents the Gen 1 Alltracs in image searches... :p

mike325ci

... so 13 years later, I actually not only found my old car, but it's truly bizarre/serendipitous:

1) I saw it in person, initially not knowing it was my old car - I literally said to myself "Cool, a black ST165! I used to have one of these... WAITAMINUTE, this is my old car, what's it doing out here at a Rally School??"
2) I have moved from the East Coast (NYC) to West Coast (Seattle), and so did the car! It is ~25 minutes away from where I now work!
3) Current owner works for the same boss as I do (he is owner/CEO of 2 different companies)

So mystery is solved! This happened this past weekend: I was competiting in my first SCCA RallyCross at Dirtfish Rally School just outside of Seattle. My old car was parked in the paddock. Current owner has another black ST165 that he brought to compete in. I started taking photos of the car and when I saw some small details that I remember about my old car, I realized it was indeed my old car. Should I go out and buy a lottery ticket? :p

(This might be my first forum post in a few years LOL. I still have my Teal ST185, but it's still back in the East Coast: I haven't moved it cross country yet. Last year, I flew back to NY and brought the car to the MR2/AllTrac Bear Mountain Meet in 2016 and then parked it and it hasn't moved since...)

P.S. The old VIN Registry looks like it's gone? Do we have an alternative? Would love to see that list again...

turbo4wd

Damn.. talk about crazy coincidence! So Mike are you getting set to relocate all of your stuff? I did the same back in November - I left TN and moved back home to CA.. Went to the local ToyotaFest event here and saw 1 ST185.. Nothing else but Scions, Land Cruisers, 4Runners, FJs, and a large number of modded Priuses..