'90-'93 Pillar Pod Recommendations?

FC Zach

I prefer to buy a pillar pod for an oil pressure gauge and thought while at it I may as well get a boost gauge too. I searched and found this place http://www.gaugepods.com/toyota.html

The above is for a three gauge pod. . . I don't really care to have a third gauge so I am curious what others have found. I suppose I could always cut the top pod off but I'm afraid that would leave an unsightly transition to the factory pillar. . hard to tell what it looks like originally since the pic is cut off.
93celica.jpg

What do you guys have?

FC Zach

Also, that company offers three colors: Black, dark charcoal, and dark blue. . . The picture shows a color that I would consider a grey, which is what I need for my interior. You think that's the dark charcoal?

FC Zach

zaluss":1vezr3ez said:
This dude is supposed to be legit and uses factory parts. I've seen his work on the MR2OC forums.

http://www.ortizcustompods.com/toyota.html

Thanks! That is a very nice and well made piece, this may be the route I go if I can talk myself into wiring another gauge (maybe an AFR). . We'll see

I do like that it's "Perfect fit, no modification required"

CMS-GT4

I had this and cut it down to a single pod. The other ones obstruct your view some. I have a solara I was originally using for a single but it needs some work to fit.

FC Zach

I just placed an order for the ortiz custom pillar pod. . Does anyone have a recommendation for a gray paint that's a close match to our interior?

I just bought a pod for my mr2. I had to paint it to get it to match the dash. The pod is well made and looks good so far. I recommend SEM paint to get a close paint color. I don't know exactly what gray..

Take it to an upholstery shop and have them wrap it in grey leather/vinyl so it matches the rest of the car.

And the picture you originally posted is the lotek guages pod. You can Google it to see how it looks in other cars that show the whole piece.

mx6er2587

I used the duplicolor charcoal grey interior/vinly paint on my lotek pod and then lightly sprayed it with a semi gloss clear. It's a pretty good match to my eye

FC Zach

mx6er2587":13wilzif said:
I used the duplicolor charcoal grey interior/vinly paint on my lotek pod and then lightly sprayed it with a semi gloss clear. It's a pretty good match to my eye

I tried this too and with great results. The grey was close but a slightly lighter shade, the matte clear helped darken it.
36965976866_19a7086a1a_z.jpg

36319224714_4fb0fcd649_z.jpg