Replacement brake hoses choice

lalojamesliz1

I was thinking of replacing my brake hoses on my 91 all-trac. They look old I'd feel safer if I replace them. I see several brands available on rockauto, are they all good or should I stay away from certain brands?

If your replacing why not upgrade to stainless braided lines. You can find either hel or goodridge brake lines online.

lalojamesliz1

Mr Alltrac":8bzue2xw said:
If your replacing why not upgrade to stainless braided lines. You can find either hel or goodridge brake lines online.
I'd like to go the ss hose route and just might but financially I'm better off spending around $50 depending (on brand) instead of $130 for the ones on fleabay right now
I've spent a lot of cash on this car since I got it back the end of July and i didn't even plan on buying my car back :D

underscore

Personally I'd trust name brand rubber lines over no name stainless ones. The fancy lines might make a difference on an actual race car where milliseconds count, but on a street car I doubt anyone could ever tell the difference anyways.

Corey

I've been using SS lines on the front for 5 years/60,000km and they still look good. They came with my Ksport kit and I have no idea who makes them.

On the back, I just installed BF Goodwrich lines. These are beautifully made and are made when ordered, they come with a pressure test result sheet and the manufacturing date.

One thing I don't like about the rear line kit however is the coupling that secures to the brake caliper is very long compared to OEM, so it doesn't allow any flexibility in the brake line before it feeds through the strut bracket. If I were to order these again, I would ask them to make that coupling shorter if possible.

lalojamesliz1

Corey":3f3njbgz said:
I've been using SS lines on the front for 5 years/60,000km and they still look good. They came with my Ksport kit and I have no idea who makes them.

On the back, I just installed BF Goodwrich lines. These are beautifully made and are made when ordered, they come with a pressure test result sheet and the manufacturing date.

One thing I don't like about the rear line kit however is the coupling that secures to the brake caliper is very long compared to OEM, so it doesn't allow any flexibility in the brake line before it feeds through the strut bracket. If I were to order these again, I would ask them to make that coupling shorter if possible.

Did you order them from goodwrich directly?