Brake fluid flush order

lalojamesliz1

I ordered a motive brake bleeder and a Power Probe BA10. I own my all-trac and 3 other toyota cars that are way past due for the fluid change soon could justify the cost plus the time savings.
On a st185 all-trac Would I do it like this?
Rear right
Rear left
Front right
Front left

lalojamesliz1

I flushed my brake fluid in the order I mentioned and it worked good.
I also flushed the fluid from my clutch master cylinder..... :shock: it was black and it had like a silt on the bottom of the master cylinder! I dont think its ever been changed! I used about a quart and a half for both of dot3 fluid
I don't know anyone else who has changed the brake fluid or clutch fluid.
Up next it the blinker and headlight fluids... :twisted:

underscore

The order you used was correct as far as I know, you go from furthest from the master to closest, at least with non-ABS cars. I know a lot of people never change their fluid but I like to do mine every few years.

FC Zach

That's a very nice system! I've always used vacuum type hand-pump systems from each caliper but this is a much simpler design and cleaner too! I may consider one of these.

:rofl: :crazy:
lalojamesliz1":nkjekytd said:

lalojamesliz1

FC Zach":r446akyq said:
That's a very nice system! I've always used vacuum type hand-pump systems from each caliper but this is a much simpler design and cleaner too! I may consider one of these.

:rofl: :crazy:
lalojamesliz1":r446akyq said:

Thanks lol
It didn't push out the fluid fast at all but I just left it at 15psi and kept a eye on the fluid level in the bottle.

hoys

Does this procedure change if the vehicle has ABS? Wouldn't it be furthest from ABS pump, not master cylinder?

I.e:

LR
RR
FL
FR

lalojamesliz1

hoys":g0mhrzky said:
Does this procedure change if the vehicle has ABS? Wouldn't it be furthest from ABS pump, not master cylinder?

I.e:

LR
RR
FL
FR

My all-trac does still have the abs box and I didn't consider it. Either way it worked out ok

lalojamesliz1

This is the fluid i removed from my 08 sequoia and my all-trac
It was just a honey color from my SUV and then after my brakes on the all-trac it darkened to like a brown. After the clutch fluid it became black!

I bought the motive 0090 bleeder. Since I ordered the separate adapter i didn't need the motive included adapters that aren't the best fitting.
Just in case anyone in case anyone is interested

Attachments

• 20170919_144716.jpg
    20170919_144716.jpg
    1,007 KB · Views: 1,823