WTB ST185 Front Driver (left) seatbelt

Looking for parts, ask around!

WTB ST185 Front Driver (left) seatbelt

Postby hoys » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:23 pm

As title states:

Need a ST185 Front Driver (left) seatbelt. I might attempt to repair mine (won't retract) but it doesn't hurt to have a spare lined up.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
hoys
Club Member

Re: WTB ST185 Front Driver (left) seatbelt

Postby Toyota_Todd » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Just so you know from some of my past experience....You have to have the front seat belt from a like year. We had a customers Celica in the shop and I told the salvage yard to get the one out of their 92 Celica. Well in the end it would not catch, just like the ones I tried from my parts stash. So after getting them to get me the proper 92 belt it worked just fine. From what I could tell, its 90-91 are the same, and 92-93 are the same. Not sure about convertible belts.
Todd Longenbaugh aka Toyota_Todd
1992 Celica All-Trac Turbo "Seeing Red"
1992 Celica GT-Four RC Conv. "Fatal Alltraction"
2001 Avalon XLS "the wifes family truckster"
1971 Pontiac Ventura II "The token domentic"
Toyota_Todd
Club Member

Postby FC Zach » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 am

Toyota_Todd wrote:You have to have the front seat belt from a like year.

I wonder if anyone else has dealt with this? I believe it because after owning a '92 I've realized how different things are, big and small. . . I had this exact problem on mine but with the opposite side. I replaced my R/S seatbelt with a scrapyard part that I personally removed from the donor car. IIRC, the car was a '91 but who knows, it could have been a later run with '92 belts (assuming there's a difference). The part worked out fine and still does but now my side is starting to need assistance every time I unbuckle. . . I was smart enough to grab both belts from the yard so when I get around to replacing the L/S (maybe this weekend) I'll pay extra close attention to when comparing.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
FC Zach
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Kyle Hunter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:11 pm

I have a 92 All-Trac that is turning into a parts car. I can pull the belt if you want it, PM me with any questions and for payment info.
Kyle Hunter

Return to Parts Wanted