1st Gen Injectors On A 2nd Gen Head

Hi everyone. I'm currently in the process of putting my new motor together its a 2nd Gen 3SGTE out of a JDM Clip MR2. It will be going into my ST165.Im reusing my stock harness and ecu out of the ST165. I'm having issues with my ST165 injectors not matching up to the 2nd gen head. I really don't want to run 2nd gen injectors due to them being the incorrect impedence. Is there any way I could make my ST165 injectors work on the 2nd gen head? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Redrkt01

If you're not upgrading the electronics for the 3s, then it really doesn't matter what 3s you have in it. So you'd be wasting your time swapping in a motor and running it on the old harness.

This is what was readily available and at a good price. A lot less miles on the motor also. Plus I’d be ditching the weak head that likes to crack right underneath the valve cover on the passenger side front. I also gain more options for cams and other bolt on upgrades not available for first gens.

ChrisD

I mentioned this on your Facebook post, but why don't you just add in the resistor pack and run the gen 2 injectors? To use the gen 1 top feeds you'll need a custom fuel rail.

Are you using the gen 2 ECU? I would personally run this as well.