Celica GT4 WRC with 22k miles from new....

gaijin

Hi,
Check this out, bloody cheap I reckon.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-c ... 225774.htm

Anyways, I'm here to meet a Swedish guy who built a red top 5sgte, aka pipedreams.
I'm building a similar 5sgte with a blacktop dual VVTi.
Seems people are a bit suspicious of these type of builds, doesn't phase the Nissan RB30 guys running external oil feeds to VVti etc.
Anyways, I don't have a GT4, despite loving the ST205's like that above for sale.
I have a 1974 TA22 with a built Gen 4 running a GT3082R @ 1.5bar on dual fuel, 300rwkw's
http://www.1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20215

But plan to step things up and build this 5ste BEAMS and programme the VVTi to work, alongside a similar Borg ERF8374 and E85 now thats local.

PS, Hi from New Zealand.
ta,
Martin

FC Zach

Man I wish we got those here in the states :( Anything is better than ours with their anemic economy motors and "FE" heads. (with that said, I loved my 6th gen and hope to get another one day. . . but not a girly one with a 1.8L :( )

lalojamesliz1

FC Zach":3fpkkp20 said:
Man I wish we got those here in the states :( Anything is better than ours with their anemic economy motors and "FE" heads. (with that said, I loved my 6th gen and hope to get another one day. . . but not a girly one with a 1.8L :( )

In a little over a year we will be able too :D

I'm happy with my 91 w/ gen3 swap. A 94+ would be nice but IMO I've got the important part besides the brakes
I wonder what prices will be like when these are available in the USA?

FC Zach

lalojamesliz1":2196q3ya said:
I wonder what prices will be like when these are available in the USA?

I predict they'll start out high, maybe lower over a few years. However, there are probably more sought after cars (to the majority of people wanting an import) from the 90s so with less demand, maybe not.

gaijin

Ok so to review the US cost asked for the car its $19.5kUSD which equals NZD $27.5k.

The luxury of New Zealand is that we can import from Japan any car with almost the least restrictions anywhere we want. Some exceptions. BUT....cars are cheap to export from here to USA if you were to plan early via buying here... a cheap low km Skyline R32 GTR, low mileage/km STxxx GT4, even older type Mazda Cosmo 110s, Datsun 1600 P510 2/4 doors, man the world ya oyster! Meh. Too many cars not enough moolah....I got five, enough already